1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The beauty of Schematica

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Xoul, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Xoul

Xoul Active Member

I'd like to share something I found during my hibernation. It's a mod called Schematica. So, schematica loads up .schematic files to your world as ghost blocks, which helps with the layouts of your building and stuff. Now, you can build stuff in a test world and just use WorldEdit to make a schematic out of it, then load it up with Schematica in the server.

My question, is this specific mod allowed?
    [​IMG]
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Dignifying

Dignifying Member

I think this would be ok for the people to use since it will only be the blueprint of what you were to make.
  3. Sami_Darkangel

Sami_Darkangel Conspiracy Bot Staff Member

+1 @Xoul

I'd like to know too. :)
  4. krzysk1

krzysk1 Member

And before building your house in CSP (creative singleplayer) you can download to SP part of the server where your building is gonna b with WorldDownloader (WDL) :p
    I think it is allowed to use WDL to the server, because you can't find ores with it (like diamonds etc.) - all the stone which is not visible changes to some ore (anti xray plugin; that's why sometimes you can see ores appear for a moment when digging up a block)
  5. xLsGRules

xLsGRules Well-Known Member

I want to know too :-:
  6. krzysk1

krzysk1 Member

Da mod looks harmless, just use it :p
  7. xLsGRules

I dont want to take the risk tho o-o
  8. krzysk1

krzysk1 Member

"Don't worry,
    Be happy!"
    :D
  9. xLsGRules

XD
  10. Jamm

Jamm Well-Known Member Staff Member

That's pretty neat. It's allowed as long as it doesn't modify the way your character places blocks, but it looks to just be an aid.
  11. chaoticraft

chaoticraft Well-Known Member

isnt tht like copy and paste..
  12. Flash_Jordan_

Flash_Jordan_ Active Member

It is chaoticraft but it only copies and pastes the outline of the structure
  13. krzysk1

krzysk1 Member

Blocks are just visible in there, but are a bit transparent, because they actually doesn't exist. It just shows where you should place blocks by yourself.
    However there is a "printer mode" which automatically places blocks in the correct spots "as the schematic shows), BUT it takes them from your inventory (so no spawning in stuff) AND places them ONLY if the spots are in your reach (so you can't build 50 blocks away e.g.).
  14. Flash_Jordan_

Flash_Jordan_ Active Member

That sounds pretty op
  15. krzysk1

krzysk1 Member

Maybe a little bit. It doesn't "print" instantly though - it makes a pause between placing blocks like a quarter of a second so it isn't too op. Just you don't have to look left/right and switch items in your hand.

Just makes building more efficient while keeping it pretty legit. :)
  16. Xoul

Xoul Active Member

Well, I don't even know of this...
  17. krzysk1

krzysk1 Member

LOL
    The 1st thing you do before downloading a mod is checking its minecraftforum page :p
  18. krzysk1

krzysk1 Member

19. Jamm

Jamm Well-Known Member Staff Member

No script type "auto clicker" mods allowed. Using this mod for a guide for building is perfectly fine. Using any mod or script to AUTOMATICALLY do actions in game for you is NOT.
  20. krzysk1

krzysk1 Member

So overall the mod is allowed, but "printer mode" isn't? That's fine. :)
    Also you can lock for yourself printer on servers:
    "Mods" (from main menu)/"Mod options..." (from in-game pause) -> "Schematica" -> "Config" -> "Server" -> "Allow Printer" = false