1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An mcMMO Update

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by RexTheGreat37, Jul 20, 2020.

1. RexTheGreat37

RexTheGreat37 Active Member

Despite mcmmo's huge impact on gameplay, it's a bit neglected in terms of the rewards you get for maxing out your skills. As of right now, maxing out a skill level grants you whatever maximum ability for that skill is, a fun little message, and bragging rights. Not worth a long hard grind to level 100 if you ask me. Below are a few ideas that could make grinding your stats worth it again.

Rank trophies
    Last map when you hit a certain level or Human, Orc or Elf you'd receive a rank trophy, normally in the form of a common block that's been renamed to offer some sort of commemoration of you making it that far on the mcmmo scale. While races aren't a thing anymore, trophies could be handed out when skills are maxed. One could receive perhaps a renamed diamond axe, brewing stand or hoe for making it to Axes, Alchemy or Herbalism 100, respectively.

Custom rewards
    With the new custom items, the possibilities are endless when it comes to rewards players could receive for grinding. Perhaps instead of a normal vanilla item as rank trophies as suggested above, players could receive an actual trophy item for completing a skill. Could be as simple as a re-textured gold ingot.

Grinder's crate
    With all the new crates covering the buycraft side of things, one could be gifted with a grinder's key once they max out a skill or even all of their stats entirely. Said key could unlock its respective crate which could grant a custom set of armor, some custom tools, or perhaps ordinary crate rewards such as spawners and vouchers. Tags are a fun idea, too.

upload_2020-7-20_15-10-1.png

upload_2020-7-20_15-11-25.png

upload_2020-7-20_15-14-46.png

upload_2020-7-20_15-19-8.png

Rebirth
    Haven't thought this through but making rebirth available again is an option. At least, I think it would be. Right now if you want to grind more than what the 1100 limit allows you need to do it on an entirely different account, and there aren't any real perks for doing so.

Alas, these are some ideas I think would make amazing rewards for grinding your stats. Lmk what y'all think about it down in the replies, and thanks for reading! :)
  2. xMetu

xMetu Active Member

Big +1 to everything from me, I think this would get more people to grind and would make it more worth it.