mcplayer12 Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by mcplayer12, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcplayer12

mcplayer12 Member

Username: mcplayer12 although I plan on changing it relatively soon.

Date Joined: I joined on the 15th of May 2018 although I was keeping an eye on the forums for a few weeks earlier to see if it was a server I was interested in becoming staff on. Once I decided it was, I had spent a lot of time learning about the server’s past.

Time Played: 150 Hours.

Rank(s): IV Level 2500 (Honestly, it’d be higher, but my interest is less in playing and more in becoming a staff member so that I can help the server grow and become more fun for everyone that joins.)

Position: Helper (My end goal is to someday become a Manager on this server as I’m very confident this is where I will benefit the server the most. Though, I’m planning on being here a very long time to work my way up the ranks and earn that position.)

About: My name is Dylan, I’m your typical 18-year-old guy from the UK. Lotta gaming and lotta alcohol. I dropped out of college at 16 because who in the **** knows what they want to do with their life at 16. But let’s not get into that, after that I went into working retail full time and as most people that make that decision I regret it a lot. Luckily, I’m able to go back to college in September so I’m pumped for that.

Now that we’ve covered the boring shit that I’m currently doing, lets get into what I would like to do with my life. What I would like to do with my life is just travel around the world meeting different people rather than seeing the same people day in and day out and having the same conversations day in and day out.

Reason: The reason I would like to be a staff member in general is because in my past experiences with it, there’s nothing like seeing a server succeed and knowing that you are a part of that. Being staff isn’t easy but every now and then you see everybody really enjoying themselves, appreciating the work you have put in and when you see that it gives you an amazing feeling and makes all the stress worth it. But you won’t get that feeling if you’re a staff member on some server you don’t really care about so I was looking for one that I believed in for a long time and a few days ago I came across Jam’s “Map 15 FTOP Arrangement & Rant” thread and saw how ambitious and determined he was to reach the top not just for himself but for the community that have stuck with him through thick and thin. “We need to become a top 3 cracked server and kick ass on map 15 so we can branch out and add new servers and initiate the takeover. If anyone deserves this shit, it is us. We've been going hard since 2013 my doods. I'm done losing. It's either us or them, and guess what, I'm not going down without a fight.” This is something I can get behind. This is something I want to be a part of.

Experience: I’ve been playing Minecraft on and off for 5 years and as I stated previously, being part of a staff team has always been what I wanted, and I have a fair bit of experience with it even though it’s been more than 2 years since I was on the last team. (can’t remember the name of the server which is driving me insane and hopefully I remember so I can edit it in) During my time on the team I had worked my way from the bottom to the top. I started as a regular player that knew next to nothing about mc to a Manager helping run the server alongside the owner. My primary roles were staff recruitment, staff training, running the team on the day to day, resolving any bugs I could without access to console and communicating with the players and owner to see what direction the server should go.

Server: All my experience has been on a Factions server so primarily Factions though I would very much like to do both after I have spent a while on Survival meeting the community, learning how it works and learning how I can help people to the best of my ability when I’m over there.

Comments: Map 15 is just around the corner and it’s no secret the server could use some more staff members. The start of a new map is never that easy and the Mods could definitely use some help answering questions whilst they deal with some more important issues and I’d like to attempt to fill the void a little. I'm fairly sure my biggest downfall is playtime and date joined, if this concerns you and you feel I may not know the server well enough feel free to ask me any questions you may have. A sort of test.

I'd appreciate any feedback you guys might have :D
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. bLueee

bLueee Active Member

Hello,

The only thing I recommend here is to be more a active / time played.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. dumblidor

dumblidor Member

+1 from me :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. KiraYourSelf

KiraYourSelf Fresh Spawn

You joined the network on 15th of May. But, the application is well detailed and neat. I'll be neutral for now.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. xtend123

xtend123 Well-Known Member

+1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Beezy

Beezy Active Member

The only problem is that you joined and applied a few weeks later, I suggest you wait a little longer so people to know who you are. I also suggest that you start helping and welcome people. Other then that, great application + 0.5 only because of the reasons stated above.
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
  7. Well, this is a change of pace ain't it? For the past... i dunno..... a week or so i have seen nothing but applications which have had a reason that is so typical.. my god i think it's been in use for the past decade. Either that, or the application has little to no detail at all that you'd think that they ignored the damn examples and just went on posting hoping to get accepted "somehow". Basically what i am trying to say here is that i actually see you becoming a helper. Anyways on to the criticism.

As stated by Dralo, you have only just joined a while ago and applied after a few weeks ( what's impressive is the fact that you gained III in that little time ). "I had spent a lot of time learning about the server’s past.", To be honest.... learning about the server's past doesn't benefit you in any way. In fact it'd be better if you glanced over the server's rules instead of it's past. But as you said in your app "Feel free to test me", I'd like to take you up on that offer, but i myself, am a survival player so... i dunno about factions. Well, that's about it for my criticism ( it's usually pessimistic, so i am suprised my criticism actually turned out optimistic for once. )

+1, good luck with the rank, i'll be cheering on from the sidelines.
  8. mcplayer12

mcplayer12 Member

(Before I'd start I'd just like to say I'm very very familiar with the rules.) This seems to be something people have been saying over and over which I find really odd. In life, no matter what there's always something we need to be able to handle any situation. Information. The more information you have, the easier it is to be able to handle any situation to the best of your ability. I'll give some examples.

My main goal is to help the players have a better experience and help the server to grow. Now, I'm aware the community on cc goes up and down a lot, from what I've heard around map 12 was when the server was doing it's best so I believe we need to find out what's changed between then and now and try to figure out why it's gone downhill. How can I do that if I don't know what the server was like back then? It'd be very difficult.

Another example would be an old player coming back to the server after a few months or even years, they will probably have a lot of questions. When did so and so change, when did so and so leave the server. It's a staff members job to be able to Help the players to the best of their ability and I believe being able to answer any and all questions they may have is a good start to doing that.

I appreciate your feedback :D
  9. mcplayer12

mcplayer12 Member

I have been welcoming and helping people since day one of me joining the server. I was able to do that because I had been looking at the forums frequently for a few weeks before joining ingame. And I appreciate that me only having like 4 days playtime and only joining 2 weeks ago may be a concern for people but I believe the players in my timezone have gotten to know me pretty well. An example would be Sayril

I appreciate your feedback :D
  10. mcplayer12

mcplayer12 Member

I have updated my Time Played and Rank(s) :D

Time Played:
    100 Hours. - 115 Hours

Rank(s): III Level 1858 - Rank IV Level 2500
  11. alvar04

alvar04 Member

Not much time played, but a good app!
    NEUTRAL
  12. orgonist

orgonist Member

I Think You Are A Helpful Guy Helping people well for me +1
  13. xtend123

xtend123 Well-Known Member

Accept this guy already u noobs.

He's active and helpful unlike half of the current staff lmao.
  14. mcplayer12

mcplayer12 Member

Thanks for the support guys :3
  15. Tebl

Tebl Guest

Very clean and informative. I really like this application.

Noted.
  16. Ryan/Bionic

Ryan/Bionic Active Member

I swear I have not even read the application and I am NOT going to read it, if I were staff I would've typed "Accepted" right away, because I always see you helping newcomers, he never turns his back on the needy players. (+1mil from me)

Always at the TOP. Go for it, friend!

Yours truly,
    Ryan
  17. mcplayer12

mcplayer12 Member

I really appreciate the support Bionic, you the man <3
  18. gallionic

gallionic Fresh Spawn

+1 right after my thread about help and confusion, he immediately took it upon his self to help, explain, and answer questions I had. His kindness and generosity can be great attributes for a staff member. His ambition and drive to help make this server better is greatly appreciated. Tysm again for the help and I wish you the best of luck!!!
  19. Triozics

Triozics Active Member

I don't see you helping others in chat often, and most of the time you're online you're afk as you don't have a rank, I frequently check the inventories of players online and yours rarely changes/tools take no dmg, you may have 150 hours but they weren't all time played.
  20. My friend, if you accuse someone of something like this, then please show proof too, As simple words hold no meaning at all. I am pretty sure you must have screenshots of such an event.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.