1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survival 1.10 (COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'News' started by Jamm, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Jamm

Jamm Well-Known Member Staff Member

Greetings Survivalists,

Yes! The time has come.. We finally feel like the update has been out long enough that it's stable enough for us to take the leap - the update to 1.10! I know you guys have been waiting patiently for it ever since you first tried out the Elytra (so fun).
    1.10[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What's Changing?

Now, you probably have a few questions about the update. What will be changing? Will there be anything new? And what about the map, will it be resetting? The main thing that is changing (aside from all the new things added in 1.9/1.10) is the version that you have to use to connect to the server. You will no longer be able to join Survival with 1.8 or 1.9. The map, your claims, your money, plots and everything else will all still be here. We will not be implementing anything new at first until we are sure that all of the possible bugs that may pop up get resolved as fast as possible; stability is the top priority.

The map will be expanded a bit to account for the new land generation, and the "End world" will be reset completely, since it also has new features that will be needed to fully make use of the updates.

When?

It's important to not rush big updates like this, as they can easily go wrong. We are planning to spend this week getting prepared and testing the things needed to ensure that all will go smoothly when we launch the live, updated version of the server. The ETA is Saturday, but we will likely close the server late on Friday night to start the process, since it will not just be a flick of the switch. It will take at least an hour after the initial stopping of the server before we get it opened to the public.

Get Prepared

Here are some links to what has actually changed since 1.8.
    1.9 - https://mojang.com/2016/02/minecraft-19-combat-update/
    1.10 - https://mojang.com/2016/06/minecraft-110-an-update-of-fire-and-ice/

Note: we will not be using the "hit cooldown" introduced in 1.9; it will be disabled.

ETA: COMPLETED

Regards,
    Jamm
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. danniellexx

danniellexx Member

Finally! Hope everything run's smoothly. This is great news! The only bad thing is due to the end being reset. ill loose my awesome enderman i built.
    Apart from that great news! :p
  3. Jamm

We can work something out to save him.
  4. danniellexx

danniellexx Member

Thanks a lot jam :p Appreciated a lot! :)
  5. Sami_Darkangel

Sami_Darkangel Conspiracy Bot Staff Member

[​IMG]

Finally! There were rumors.. whispers.. speculations.. conspiracy theories about it..
    But looks like it's no longer a myth anymore!
    :p

Jokes aside, this is great news! All the very best, mate! I hope that the update process goes smoothly. I should probably start making preparations... Starting with actually downloading 1.10 since I never really tried anything above 1.8.8. Might take a while for me to get used to all those new changes!

On a side note, not a fan of the "cool down" feature they introduced.. I cannot thank you enough for deciding not to use it.
  6. chaoticraft

chaoticraft Well-Known Member

can u reset my registration number?
    I wanna play...
  7. Jamm

What do you mean? Your password?
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  8. chaoticraft

I cant get in cause I registered 2 accs already...
  9. Jamm

Fixed
  10. magicmikexxl

magicmikexxl Well-Known Member

Nuuuuu i love 1.8 can't u make it 1.8/1.10 ? :0 , Well the good news we will have new end :cool:
  11. Jordsta95

Jordsta95 Active Member

ELYTRA, YES YES YES!
  12. superomega

superomega Well-Known Member

i have a qeustion if the server updates to 1.10. i live in a savanna biome wil there be a savanna village because thats is a feature of 1.10
  13. Question When 1.11 comes out what happens o_O ?
  14. chaoticraft

still says I cant get in...
  15. Jamm

We will be staying up-to-date, but it doesn't mean we will update right after it releases.
  16. magicmikexxl

magicmikexxl Well-Known Member

can u keep 1.8 working on survival ? Please :p
  17. Jamm

No.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. xLsGRules

xLsGRules Well-Known Member

mcmmo not resetting?