LordErnestDupont's Black Market /cc App

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by http_elliott, Jan 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http_elliott

http_elliott Member

So I created an app for this on discord's new app system, but I feel like I did it kind of wrong and I don't really like the discord app system so thought I'd make one on here since I can.

My IGN: LordErnestDupont

Creation name: The Black Market

Category: Non-shop trading place / Business opportunities

Menu Icon: Plain Black Banner

Menu description: Secretive place for avid businessmen and new players alike. I know it's on /cc but it's secret, trust me.

Warp point: -699 38 -3382

Creation description: So The Black Market is a place for businesses other than chest shops to set up.
    The name and build style makes it seem like a shady place, but that is purely for aesthetic reasons. All businesses here are 100% safe and within the rules of the server.
    The current business I have setup there is my lending store, Buy A Loan.
    The Black Market will be open to anyone else who has a similar business idea, and I will allow them to setup here for players to have easier access.
    In the future I plan to expand and add more businesses, like an insurance company that will replace lost items from death for a monthly payment.

I also have plans to implement an underground black market currency by using mapart and their map ids, which will be worth large amounts of server currency and can be used for trading goods etc.
    Not all of that is set in stone yet though.

Our loaning business provides loans, which for those who don't know is where we give you money and you pay it back to us at a later date, with a fee for our services.
    Here are a few examples of reasons people have already taken out a loan from us:

• To help them afford a rank / rank upgrade, so they can get the benefits the rank provides faster.
        • To purchase claim blocks they require for a large build, that they needed urgently to make sure the build was safe from greifing.
        • To feed their gambling addiction. Not the most healthy reason to be taking out a loan, but a reason nevertheless.
        • To buy an item being sold within a time limit, that they would not be able to get the money fast enough before the time ran out.
    Our starting loans for first time customers have a limit of 100k and a 20% Interest Rate.

The limit is so that we don't give money away to untrustworthy people who are just going to leave the server and never repay it. The limit is raised with every loan you take out.
    The 20% Interest Rate may sound like an extortionately high rate, and that's because in the real life economy it would be. 20k coins in real life is some people's yearly pay. But in the CC server economy, 20k can be earned from 1-2 hours in a carrot field. Therefore to ask for 20% is not a large amount.The Interest Rate also decreases with larger loan amounts, so I will not be asking for 20% Interest on a 1 million coin loan. A 1 million coin loan would be around 1%. Cheaper than a small loan.

Loan Limits and Interest Rates are determined for each individual by their Credit Rating, so we have a set system for the loan pricings, and don't just charge people depending on how we are feeling. I can explain my system fully if people would like all the details, but for now feel free to just ask me in-game and I can show you my book I wrote with all the info.
    Our loaning business has been approved by server moderators.

A /cc listing would allow for the business to be much more efficient as people wanting to know more could warp here and read the information signs, repay their loans at our Loan Vault at any time without me needing to be online (preventing me being at fault for overdues) and would save me a lot of time tpaing people here and having to explain how it works to everyone in chat.

Additional Notes: I find it a shame that I have to say this but considering how I have had multiple people attack me in-game already I would like to clear up some misconceptions/ stereotypes about loans.
    Not everyone who loans is a loan shark.
    Loan shark = a moneylender who charges extremely high rates of interest, typically under illegal conditions.
    Our Interest Rates are not extremely high, I explained why in the spoiler for them.
    And we never have any immoral loaning practises. We will not loan to someone unless we are 99% certain they will pay it back. Therefore we are not exploiting vulnerable people by putting them into extreme debt, like in real life scenarios.
    If someone doesn't repay a loan in Minecraft, they get punished for stealing money, and I lose the money which I lended them. The government does not start repossesing their property and making them homeless. Because this is Minecraft.

I am not a scam and evil person for giving people money. The only person who is at risk in a loan is me, because if someone doesn't repay it, I will lose my money.
    Loaning is not an incredibly profitable business as I have to wait a large period to actually get a profit, so I am simply doing this business because it's a fun roleplay.

Any comments talking negatively about loaning will be ignored, and I will just assume you are an ignorant and uneducated person who would rather blindly follow a negative stereotype than actually research into something.
    DON'T BUY A LOAN IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO REPAY IT. YOU ARE AT FAULT, NOT THE LOANING PROCESS.

Screenshots: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  2. wheelchair

wheelchair Fresh Spawn

yes
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. claude1