Petition for #toxic channel in discord

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by phobosmoon, Jan 20, 2020.

1. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

This petition Requests a #toxic channel . as a place to place the various innapropriate memes comments and other less than favorable materials. this channel should have a visible warning/passcode.
    as well as to be governed by a policy of "What happens in #toxic, stays in #toxic"

people often want to talk about controversial subject matter or . in the course of a discussion get heated and content turns nasty . in these cases the users could be directed there to have there empassioned debate without cluttering the main channels. additionally #toxic would serve as place to post the less than savory memes we often see posted.
    content to offensive or controversial for main channels could be relegated there.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. Seasmy

Seasmy Fresh Spawn

breif and very general text
  3. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

thats not what i had meant when i asked for it to b posted with a breif and general text haha .
    also had meant for it to be posted in #suggestion channel in discord . <3
    would do myself but the discord client i use does not support ht erate limited channel and as result i cant post anything ever lol
  4. cp12cwp

cp12cwp Active Member

I'm neutral, I think your intentions are good and I think it could be a good idea. However we used to have a channel for that, was called facs chat. I think it would more induce people to be more toxic towards each other and I don't think that's what conspiracy it's about. Hence being neutral on the idea
  5. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

yes i had considered this too walrus .

this petition is more to represent the general interest of joking around in a consequence free space.
    not to contribute to the general delinquency lol
  6. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

as #off-topic is close but not quite what is needed for these purpose.
  7. Jamm

Jamm Owner Staff Member

As of right now it's already pretty lenient. I don't see why this is needed. If anything maybe a more serious discussion channel but not something just for toxic rants.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. RexTheGreat37

RexTheGreat37 Helper Staff Member

This community is supposed to be friendly and less toxic. Though a #toxic channel would contain said kind of behaviour, it would still exist within the community, creating tension between players. One way or another that energy would make its way into other parts of the server, thus making the suggested channel obsolete. If players have a problem with each other, they should talk it out in DMs instead of displaying it publically.
  9. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

not every petition can be a winner . i like jams idea of discussion chan