RexTheGreat37's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by RexTheGreat37, Jan 11, 2020.

1. RexTheGreat37

RexTheGreat37 Trial Helper Staff Member

Username: RexTheGreat37

Discord: RexTheGreat37#8571

Server: play.conspiracycraft.net - Survival

Timezone: Mountain Standard Time (UTC -7 Hours)

Applying for: Helper

Date Joined:
    I don't fully remember. During Map 4, around March/April of 2019 I'd say. Joined forums April 21st, 2019.

Time Played:

Around 12.5 days this map, and probably a little more during the last one.

Past Punishments:

No bans! Two auto-mutes this map and no warnings. Last map I'd been given a few mutes and warnings here and there, but I don't recall them fully. Also had a bit of an incident to do with alting last map, but xMetu (or xdCyanide at the time) took care of this. You can PM either of us for more information on that.

Experience:

I don't have much experience as anyone with real moderation power. I've been the head builder on maybe two servers before this one, but neither of those servers really took off, not was I given any real power on those.

About:

In-game, people know me as RexTheGreat37, the guy who owns Maple. I try to stay as friendly and polite as possible, but there are some situations when you've just gotta speak up. When a new player comes I welcome them, and when they ask questions I try my best to answer them, directing them to someone who can give them the information they need if I don't have it myself. Though I consider myself a confident person, I don't usually speak in voice channels unless I need to, or unless there's some sort of singing event going on. :p

In person, people know me as Jack, the guy who doesn't talk much out loud, but won't let you go from a conversation once you start talking to him. Currently residing on an acreage in Alberta, Canada, I own two horses and though I haven't gone for a ride in almost a year now I still deeply enjoy spending time with them. I also genuinely enjoy writing, with a currently 90-page novel in the works and a 100% overall grade in Language Arts to prove it. I even found pleasure in putting this application together - something you probably don't hear too often. Also love friendly debates, hence my activity in the forums lol. I currently hold 2 jobs - one at a nearby Garden Centre and one at a local tack shop - with plans to go into the writing or even film-making industry as a career. I also attend high school at a bit of a special agriculture-related program. Feel free to PM me for more info on that :). Despite my busy lifestyle however, I still make plenty of time for Minecraft, among other things I enjoy.

One may easily mistake my longer-than-normal about section as being self-centered. I'm not that kind of person - I just think that people should know who they're bringing onto roles, especially ones with the kind of power that comes with a Helper rank.

Reason:

When I first joined the server I had considered applying for builder, but not helper, as there were plenty of people filling those moderation roles quite perfectly. As time passed, we saw the loss of BlueFray, WolfScreamYTG, and of course Dan, which opens up more opportunities for a role in moderation but more importantly, a bigger chance for racists, sexists, and other hateful people to plaque the chat and server with their nonsense. While I'm neither for nor against the demotion of the last two helpers, the fact of the matter is that without them, there's much more room for hate in this supposedly hate-free community.

This is why I'm applying. While xMetu, Cluster21, and other staff monitor plenty of time slots with ease, there are so many points when no staff are on, and hate roams free. As of right now, all I can do is report people and wait a good half-hour or so for a staff member to come on and calm things down, during which many players may join this server, see the hate and insults that fill the chat, and leave, thinking hate is all that defines this friendly community of ours. With the Helper position however, I can be online and monitor things when other staff members can't. Many of the players applying as of now seem to be a good fit, however they all lack something, be it popularity in the community, the actual will to help players, or otherwise. I believe I carry every quality required for this position, so go ahead and criticize my application, but keep in mind how hateful the server has grown since we've lost a number of our most active staff. Also keep in mind that I'm not trying to replace anybody. I just see the server as being in need of someone who can handle being a helper.

Additional Comments:

I head off for school at 7 AM and return at around 5:30 in the evening, which I'm aware is quite a long day :(. Due to this I may not be on much during weekdays. I am, however, extremely active during weekends, as some of you may know. So while I may not be the most active overall, I'm on during most of the right times, and have got the willpower, fair judgement and self-control to handle a spot within the staff ranks which these days isn't something you see on a regular basis. I know for a fact that I can bring out the best in this server, and can handle whatever having a rank within the staff throws at me. I just need to be given a chance to show you.

Thanks for reading through my application! I'd love to hear what you guys think down below.

Edit: Come to think of it, I've been a moderator on two Discord servers, during which I had dealt with plenty of people breaking all kinds of rules. While Minecraft and Discord are two completely different platforms, one can apply being a Mod on Discord to being a Helper on a Minecraft server, as a helper doesn't do much more than moderate the chat and pass more serious cases up to higher-ranking staff.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  2. xMetu

xMetu Mod Staff Member

Big +1, now this is what a good application looks like. I've seen you always helping/welcoming players when online & I think you are qualified for staff :)
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. RexTheGreat37

Ah, thank you very much Metu!
    You have no idea how much I appreciate that.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  4. kdhacks

kdhacks Fresh Spawn

You Are the one Who is 100% Qualified For this Position.

Good Luck,+1

KD
  5. RexTheGreat37

Heh, thank you KD. :D
    I'm sure with enough experience you'll make an amazing helper as well.
  6. KingR4yv3n

KingR4yv3n Build Team Staff Member

+1 Great application. Gl
  7. RexTheGreat37

Thank you Rayven! :)
  8. JFK9411

JFK9411 Member

Very neat and tidy, feel comfortable scrolling through lines. +1 and make this a pinned application example ples.
  9. RexTheGreat37

Ah, thank you JFK!
    I appreciate the support.
  10. Osleya

Osleya Active Member

Finally an application that's pleasing to the eye! Good luck. +1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. RexTheGreat37

Lol, thanks Tan! :p
  12. http_elliott

http_elliott Member

Finally lol +1

I mean you said it yourself, you have every good quality needed for the position. And you should be made a mod on the forums just because of your inexplicable love for writing long, detailed and eye-pleasing (yet outdated) forum posts.

We definetely need some more staff, and your a perfect fit :)
  13. RexTheGreat37

Outdated lol
    Thank you! I appreciate the feedback :)
  14. Fedora_Fox

Fedora_Fox Member

No wonder why you have a 100% in Language Arts...

This is application is one of the best I’ve seen in a while. It was really easy to read and very well organized. The application shows that you’re fit for the job, you have a lot of good qualities, and you’re also incredibly friendly and hard working, and extremely helpful
    . I couldn’t choose anyone better for helper.

Big
    +1! Best of luck to you, I really hope you get accepted. :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. RexTheGreat37

:eek:
    Thank you Foxy!
    I really appreciate the support.
  16. Cluster21

Cluster21 Helper Staff Member

I love this app, though I rarely see you helping people (probably due to time zones). But I heard from other players that you help a lot. So I'm going to choose the other players' perspective rather than mine . Good Luck +1 :)
  17. RexTheGreat37

Thank you Cluster!
    I do my best to help players both new and experienced alike, though sometimes I may be AFK or not paying attention to the chat. Appreciate your input, and I'll do my best to improve. :D