The alt situation is out of control

Discussion in 'General' started by Algol Vela, Dec 28, 2019.

1. cp12cwp

cp12cwp Active Member

Exactly what I suggested to begin with
  2. Samantha x

Samantha x Fresh Spawn

Well if they can have more than 1 alt at a time, then why should they be able to have more. It would become useless. What I say is ban all alts, refund either money or vouchers, and just make it so that all players can play on these peak hours. Sure Jamm gets money by the traffic of the server but surely you would want to have an actual community and not alts.
  3. RexTheGreat37

RexTheGreat37 Trial Helper Staff Member

If you had any understanding of the server's economy you'd understand the crucial role that alts play. Learn the facts and pay attention to the given arguments, then come back and present your ideas. The thought of getting rid of alts is completely unrealistic and quite frankly moronic to even suggest.
  4. Samantha x

Samantha x Fresh Spawn

Yes. An alt has a crucial role in the economic situation on Conspiracy Craft but really you're not working for the money you are to be earning. Also the "thought of getting rid of alts" is not unrealistic and quite frankly moronic to suggest, as the fact that you seem rather offended by my suggestion of making all the players actually work for their money as they are taking up slots, sitting afk in one spot for the owner to be having a good time. Players should work for their economy and not just be gaining money as if it was bitcoin. Think about it. Buy one rank for an alt, that alt starts earning alot of money, ends up buying a rank for a second alt, earns 2x as much money as before, gets a rank for a third alt in half the time, before you know it they have 4 alts, getting a rank in 1/4 the time as a non-alting player would be. Before you know it, 8 alts, 12 alts, 16 alts for all they care. Removing alts would be perfect. Makes the players actually grind for their money instead of having a free slot filled and an alt doing nothing but afking for their economic advantages.
  5. cp12cwp

cp12cwp Active Member

In reality tho your ram won't handle it and it's not like the people who can afford it have said so and the way you are presenting your opinion doesn't make much sense. Most people grind carrots and it still needs to be manually farmed so you aren't gaining a game breaking advantage. Alts have existed all last map too and we had no issues. So I don't see a reason to continue this discussion lmao. Nobody else has had issues until they feel threatened imo
  6. Samantha x

Samantha x Fresh Spawn

CP with a good enough PC and knowing how to set up your MC properly you can make it take 1 gb of ram per game open.
  7. cp12cwp

cp12cwp Active Member

Yeah but at some point it's gonna effect ur ping
  8. Samantha x

Samantha x Fresh Spawn

If the server knows where your character is at, then it will keep the chunks loaded, ping isn't gonna be an issue.
  9. RexTheGreat37

RexTheGreat37 Trial Helper Staff Member

Lemme start off by saying that nobody's gonna make 16 alts.
    Completely unrealistic. You'd need a real beefy computer to even begin to handle that, let alone the hassle of setting up all these accounts every reboot. Even then, I doubt anybody even has the space for the number of alts you're suggesting. Most people try and keep things down to one farm, and as such only one alt. The only reason anybody would have more than this is for vote party crates and rank kits.

Allow me to add that I'm not "offended" by the suggestion of banning alts. In fact I'm beginning to think that you're the one "offended" by their very existence. Instead of throwing unnecessary and infactual shade on our defending of what is well within the rules, make another attempt to go over and understand how the server works - how players get their money and how they spend it - then come back and present real facts because pretty much all the evidence you're presenting is false and unrealistic.
  10. http_elliott

http_elliott Member

This argument of "alts mean players no longer have to work for their money" is just absurd to me.
    What do you think im doing while my alt stands in the field? I'm working to get money. If I wasn't working during that time, I wouldn't need an alt and could just stand in the field myself.
    Waiting for crops to grow is an annoying part of the game that alts solve. It gives players an advantage but they have to EARN the advantage in the first place. And it's an advantage that everyone deserves to have considering NO ONE wants to have to watch their crops grow.

Also why can so many people not seem to grasp the difference between alting and bot attacks. No one is ever going to have so many alts that they are hindering the servers performance or spam attacking the server. That is literally a bot attack and the rules on alting have no affect on whether that happens or not considering its obviously not allowed.
  11. cp12cwp

cp12cwp Active Member

Exactly. Not to mention how chunks load you'd be forced into always being near the farm. Easy solution