Winter Build Event

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Goazart, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Goazart

Goazart Owner Staff Member

[​IMG]
    My friends- it's almost Christmas... That means that it's time for the biggest and most exciting build event of the year! Every year we hold this contest where both individual players and groups of players submit a build project based on Winter to be judged by our judges. The top three submissions receive gift cards for our store!

Theme

The theme for this build event is Winter. The possibilities for this event are next to endless, and I hope you guys take advantage of that. Your build project can be based around anything that reminds you of Winter, and I highly encourage everyone to think outside of the box for the best shot at winning! There's nothing wrong with building Santa in his sleigh, but if you're going to do something like that, try to make it different and better than it has been done previously!

I suggest checking out last year's submissions to be sure you don't accidentally copy one of them. It's not necessarily a bad thing if yours is similar, but if it is, make it better or make it stand out somehow! If the Halloween event taught us anything, it's that if you build something very similar to a lot of other players, the submission might not do as well as it could!

Rules
    • Build must reflect the theme.
    • Build must be posted on the Survival section of the forums with at least 5 screenshots and its coordinates.
    • You may add a story or a poem about your build in your forum post (optional, bonus points).
    • Do not copy or plagiarize someone else's build. But you're free to use one as an inspiration to build yours.
    • You may not use Schematica or any other similar mods to aid you.
    • Collaboration builds ARE allowed. You may team with as many players as you want (but you must decide how rewards will be split, if at all).
    • The build must been built after the announcement (you can't enter with an old build).
    • Do not build near any other submission.
    • No inappropriate structures.
    Rewards

The stakes are being raised this year.. This may lead to more competition, so be sure you are prepared for it! If multiple players are teamed for a submission, they must choose how it will be divided up and all agree on it ahead of time.
    • First Place: $60 Gift Card
    • Second Place: $40 Gift Card
    • Third Place: $20 Gift card
    Judging

From left to right: @Goazart , @Sami_Darkangel, @Billynguy, @Hewittassassin29 and @danisaacs. This list will be updated if any extra judges are added.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The submissions are judged based on the following in order of importance:
    • Build quality - Is it visually appealing?
    • Creativity - Is it something new and cool?
    • Build size - Size isn't everything, but a very small build will not be as impressive.
    • Name & Story - If your build has a good name and story, that's bonus points! A story is not required, though.
    Each judge scores the submission on a scale of 1 - 10 based on the factors above. We average the score for each submission, and the 3 with the highest scores are rewarded!

Deadline

Your build must be submitted by the end of December 31st (EST Timezone). The builds will be judged starting on January 1st and the results will be posted once all judges have submitted their scores.

Submission Format

Username:

Build name:

Screenshots: (At least 5)

Story/Poem: (Optional)

Good luck all!
    I think you guys can make this the biggest and most creative build event in CC history!
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  2. xMetu

xMetu Mod Staff Member

Good luck to everyone :D
  3. Ziyadk

Ziyadk Member

:pthe high demand for ice and snow blocks will make some people rich at this event:D good luck to everyone
  4. Rahat_Elric

Rahat_Elric Member

you should put it in [info] at game too
  5. Fedora_Fox

Fedora_Fox Member

Good luck everyone!
  6. cp12cwp

cp12cwp Active Member

7. cp12cwp

cp12cwp Active Member

[​IMG]
  8. xMetu