(partially implemented!) Petition for Limit reform

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by phobosmoon, Oct 31, 2019.

1. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

limitations on various elements of gameplay have severely impacted the products enjoyability.
    Notably by limiting economic interactions and crippling most methods of production.
    as well as the removal of entertaining and usefull features enjoyed by many.

The limit of 46 users in the survival server has become the source of traffic and frustration at hub.
    Standard vanilla gameplay is impacted by the mob spawn rate as spending 2 hours to receive an item is not efficient or enjoyable to most, Notably and lamented by many a distinct lack of squids.
    farming is slow , Limitations on hoppers and other redstone make machines and automation slow and troublesome.
    And the cooldown on /wild command makes exploration slow.

Donator gameplay has been made less enjoyable with the removal of
    entertaining and usefull features
    such as /fireball and /disguise,
    Fireball was a great source of entertainment for many a donator.
    Clans and users that made use of /d command as part of their identity are disadvantaged.

To summarize , This petition requests increased limits to the items below:
    online player cap,mobs per chunk, mob spawn rate,hoppers per chunk , /wild cooldown.
    as well as the re institution of removed commands /d and /fireball
  2. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

if tl:dr just read the bold parts ,thx
  3. MightyNutella

MightyNutella Active Member

petition to perm ban doxers like you!
  4. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

this is unrelated and antagonistic.
  5. Algol Vela

Algol Vela Fresh Spawn

Consider me a supporter.
    I don't know much about how the server handles resources, but "crippling the gameplay" is actually a very fitting choice of words if you ask me. See the other thread I made about it. (For some weird reason I can't include the link. It's in the Survival section, called "Mob deletion".)
    In addition to those cases, I just found another. There's a mushroom island I intended to turn into a base of sorts, and naturally, it would come with a few mobs to liven up the place, and of course farm. As of now, barring potential phantoms, there's a total of only 15(!) mobs on the whole island, 2 dolphins, 3 turtles, and 10 mooshrooms. And as it turns out, those 10 are the limit. Not even per chunk, but within a greater area. Every time I try adding a mooshroom to my farm, another one just disappears, even though they're nametagged. I asked xMetu about it, who explained that named mobs get deleted specifically because it was subject to exploits. Which leaves us with no known way of saving our mobs from random deletion. As it stands now, my farm design is rendered completely useless.
    With all these incidents, I don't know what to do on the server anymore. There's just no point of playing under these conditions.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

what we do is get political . untill the limits are adjusted properly <3
  7. Heistlaag

Heistlaag Fresh Spawn

Haven't seen a zombie in daaaays. Fix it please.
  8. Algol Vela

Algol Vela Fresh Spawn

Wait what? Am I invisible now? D:
  9. Jamm

Jamm Owner Staff Member

It's not like this out of choice, but out of necessity. Everyone wanted a good 1.14 server, and I'm doing everything in my power to provide that. The problem at this point is that we've had to restrict a lot of gameplay just to fit 50 players on the server with relatively stable performance.

Good natural mob spawning is something of the past in Survival servers unless things change in future versions.

For the harsh mob limits, I will try to raise them some today and see how it does. I've pretty much given up on trying to hold more players than 50-52, since it's just a lost cause for a server that wants to be consistently stable and not too limiting.

Hoppers I might be able to raise the per-chunk limit on, since they don't seem to be causing as many problems as in the past versions. Also, it just seems logical to try to make farming better if mob spawning is taking a hit.

Wild is a non-issue to me. If you want to explore, go explore. No one should not rely on teleportation plugins for helping them explore the world. Wild is simply to help new players get out of spawn and nothing else.

I have fixed the limit on Mooshroom Cows. They are now counted in the main animal limit category which includes Pigs, Cows, Rabbits, Sheep and also Chickens.

1.15 is being dubbed as a bug fix update, so I'm hopeful that Mojang has heard server owner complaints about the lag issue from entities. It is coming out this year, supposedly! For those wondering, no it does not mean a reset. We won't need to reset to update for 1.15 since it's not a super beefy update.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Moksh

Moksh Member

Villager limit is also quite low.. 25 villagers per 8x8 chunks is a bit less
  11. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

I am honored that you grace this thread.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to our collective complaints.
    I think you are on top of things :)
  12. Algol Vela

Algol Vela Fresh Spawn

Ok so, I guess there's a lot going on behind the scenes, and while there's still quite some limitations, mob caps and spawning seem to have improved. There's some other issues with the server now, however, some of which I want to address.
    1. The server still has strict limitations on player count, and for a good reason. Unfortunately, a lot of players try to join, but are stuck in the hub, which for itself is one thing... but there's one thing that really bothers me about it. And that's even though, alting in general is strictly forbidden and punished severely, all of a sudden it becomes ok if you have a paid rank on all of your accounts. And I do understand that money keeps the server alive, so financially speaking, it makes sense to install this exception. With the current status though, the result is that ranked alts clog up the server, and other players who are actual additional persons don't get to join - and, consequently, possibly donate to the server too. In my eyes, that's a highly unfair advantage for greedy people that continues to drive out new players just because they can't find a spot to join. The rule to conclude is simple: No alts for anyone.
    2. The chat filter. The decision to allow more swear words might be debatable, and there's still some very weird quirks of the filter. For example, a combination like "that's extremely useful" will have a part censored. Or when you type something like "yes, me", for whatever odd reason, you get a message saying you're not allowed to advertize websites. How even? Besides that, when it comes to private communication, a chat filter only seems to make sense as a counter to players who randomly send indecent stuff to just anyone... welp, those surely exist. An option that could be considered though is a setting to personally turn off the filter for yourself, if possible.
    3. On the topic of disguises. First of all, it's a nice decorative feature already loved by the community. Well, in theory. One thing is that the disguise only moves after you with a bit of delay, but that's not the main issue. What's troublesome, is that if you have a disguise that happens to be at least as tall as the player model, it just completely overlaps you - and you end up seeing barely anything in first person view. Yes, you can switch to third person view with F5... except, you can't. Not if you actually wanna play the game. But with a disguise like that on, you can't either - and the whole thing becomes pointless except for the few moments you show it off, and only that. For a feature that is paid with actual money, this is a serious bug that needs to be fixed.
    Here's a screenshot of what it looks like to use the wither skeleton disguise, even withour armor on.
    2019-11-22_17.53.00.png
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Algol Vela

Algol Vela Fresh Spawn

Forget that that I said that. Today a lot of mobs despawned again. For all I can tell, the mob cap on mooshrooms actually decreased from 10 to 6. Not to mention the numerous fish that vanished, alongside two out of three dolphins on my island. Again, anonymous and named mobs alike.
    Will this ever be fixed? @Goazart
  14. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

I would Like to Say thank you to the dev team . for adressing our concerns ,
    traffic in hub is gone. and mob spawnrates appear to be high .
    disguise command has been reinstated ( with some exceptions , see https://www.conspiracycraft.net/threads/13637/ )
    overall a success for user/developer relations .

Thank you Jamm and Dev Team
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020