Petition for Limit reform

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by phobosmoon, Oct 31, 2019.

1. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

limitations on various elements of gameplay have severely impacted the products enjoyability.
    Notably by limiting economic interactions and crippling most methods of production.
    as well as the removal of entertaining and usefull features enjoyed by many.

The limit of 46 users in the survival server has become the source of traffic and frustration at hub.
    Standard vanilla gameplay is impacted by the mob spawn rate as spending 2 hours to receive an item is not efficient or enjoyable to most, Notably and lamented by many a distinct lack of squids.
    farming is slow , Limitations on hoppers and other redstone make machines and automation slow and troublesome.
    And the cooldown on /wild command makes exploration slow.

Donator gameplay has been made less enjoyable with the removal of
    entertaining and usefull features
    such as /fireball and /disguise,
    Fireball was a great source of entertainment for many a donator.
    Clans and users that made use of /d command as part of their identity are disadvantaged.

To summarize , This petition requests increased limits to the items below:
    online player cap,mobs per chunk, mob spawn rate,hoppers per chunk , /wild cooldown.
    as well as the re institution of removed commands /d and /fireball
  2. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

if tl:dr just read the bold parts ,thx
  3. MightyNutella

MightyNutella Active Member

petition to perm ban doxers like you!
  4. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

this is unrelated and antagonistic.
  5. Algol Vela

Algol Vela Fresh Spawn

Consider me a supporter.
    I don't know much about how the server handles resources, but "crippling the gameplay" is actually a very fitting choice of words if you ask me. See the other thread I made about it. (For some weird reason I can't include the link. It's in the Survival section, called "Mob deletion".)
    In addition to those cases, I just found another. There's a mushroom island I intended to turn into a base of sorts, and naturally, it would come with a few mobs to liven up the place, and of course farm. As of now, barring potential phantoms, there's a total of only 15(!) mobs on the whole island, 2 dolphins, 3 turtles, and 10 mooshrooms. And as it turns out, those 10 are the limit. Not even per chunk, but within a greater area. Every time I try adding a mooshroom to my farm, another one just disappears, even though they're nametagged. I asked xMetu about it, who explained that named mobs get deleted specifically because it was subject to exploits. Which leaves us with no known way of saving our mobs from random deletion. As it stands now, my farm design is rendered completely useless.
    With all these incidents, I don't know what to do on the server anymore. There's just no point of playing under these conditions.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

what we do is get political . untill the limits are adjusted properly <3
  7. Heistlaag

Heistlaag Fresh Spawn

Haven't seen a zombie in daaaays. Fix it please.
  8. Algol Vela

Algol Vela Fresh Spawn

Wait what? Am I invisible now? D:
  9. Goazart

Goazart Owner Staff Member

It's not like this out of choice, but out of necessity. Everyone wanted a good 1.14 server, and I'm doing everything in my power to provide that. The problem at this point is that we've had to restrict a lot of gameplay just to fit 50 players on the server with relatively stable performance.

Good natural mob spawning is something of the past in Survival servers unless things change in future versions.

For the harsh mob limits, I will try to raise them some today and see how it does. I've pretty much given up on trying to hold more players than 50-52, since it's just a lost cause for a server that wants to be consistently stable and not too limiting.

Hoppers I might be able to raise the per-chunk limit on, since they don't seem to be causing as many problems as in the past versions. Also, it just seems logical to try to make farming better if mob spawning is taking a hit.

Wild is a non-issue to me. If you want to explore, go explore. No one should not rely on teleportation plugins for helping them explore the world. Wild is simply to help new players get out of spawn and nothing else.

I have fixed the limit on Mooshroom Cows. They are now counted in the main animal limit category which includes Pigs, Cows, Rabbits, Sheep and also Chickens.

1.15 is being dubbed as a bug fix update, so I'm hopeful that Mojang has heard server owner complaints about the lag issue from entities. It is coming out this year, supposedly! For those wondering, no it does not mean a reset. We won't need to reset to update for 1.15 since it's not a super beefy update.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Moksh

Moksh Member

Villager limit is also quite low.. 25 villagers per 8x8 chunks is a bit less
  11. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Member

I am honored that you grace this thread.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to our collective complaints.
    I think you are on top of things :)