Jumpboost?

Discussion in 'Factions' started by M1TLAR, Jun 12, 2019.

?

JumpBoost

1. Hell Yeah

40.0%
  2. Yuck

60.0%
  1. M1TLAR

M1TLAR Active Member

Simple question that I'm curious about : do you guys prefer jumpboost pvp or on the ground pvp?
    I personally prefer pvp on the ground as jumping up and down while fighting is not that fun in my opinion and removes the potential for combos and makes running away alot easier. S0, more people are going to be able to escape and kills will be harder to achieve. Thoughts?
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  2. iSlice

iSlice Fresh Spawn

Just make running not a option lol
  3. langman

langman Member

jump boost makes pvp pointless since they just run away like its cool and u can call it a skill but deep down its just a excuse to run away from someone who out skills you. Legit everyone complains about 1v1s cause no one does it just ganking but exactly everyone does it you just don't know about it cause one of them probally bow boosted away and never came back or dares to jump back down cause of that 1v1 or whatever
  4. M1TLAR

M1TLAR Active Member

people should be able to runaway but, it should be difficult and require skill. jump boost and bow boosting require very little of either in my opinion
  5. langman

langman Member

I don't bow boost but I do know how and its so boring and no point since I want to attack and try to put up a fight and not bow myself out of a fight I wanted to start, prefer the old fashion away with pearls and "running with my legs" cause I think bow boosting is a cheat/excuse for bad players to make themselves sound good cause cobble, combo, and g4n especially him bow boost into battle and once they start to get dropped they bow boost pot then bow boost away and warp and then talk shit.
  6. langman

langman Member

that be mad fucking funny tho if there was a barrier blocking them from running LOL
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. xtend123

xtend123 Well-Known Member

The poll can speak for itself.
  8. bLueee

bLueee Active Member

WHOEVER DOESNT WANT JUMP BOOST UR A WALKING BOT.
  9. YouBeCombo

YouBeCombo Well-Known Member

Remove bow boost and less cool down on enderpreals!!!
  10. xtend123

This thread is about jumpboost
  11. YouBeCombo

YouBeCombo Well-Known Member

Still
  12. giga_08

giga_08 Well-Known Member

meaning it's going to be fair for everyone, skilled or unskilled. running away shouldn't be difficult if we want to keep pvp alive 24/7
  13. bLueee

bLueee Active Member

giga has ur iq improved wtf
  14. itSoul

itSoul Member

Gravity 1-3 thank you very much
  15. gaenotch21

gaenotch21 Active Member

it would take away many aspects of pvp imo.
  16. bLueee

bLueee Active Member

it never did past maps
  17. xtend123

18. Billynguy

Billynguy Admin Staff Member

I think jump boost in general is fine. It has its own pros and cons. While you are able to jump higher during pvp, you're a lot slower compared to running. Jumping decreases your speed since you're going vertically. Not horizontal. It also makes you an easy target since the only direction you're going is down. Jump boost in general depends on the map layout. If the map has a lot of high structures/climbable objects, then yeh, jump boost does make it a lot easier to run and evade. If it doesn't, then it doesn't really help out a whole bunch. I do agree however when it is paired with other things like bow boosting then it's gets out of hand pretty quickly. However I think the main issue is bow boosting. An alternate and possibly better solution would be if you're unable to self-inflict damage when using a bow. It solves a lot of issues and makes players actual have to fight. I do like keeping some options to allow players to run for a little like enderpearls, speed, jump boost, etc. Since players do need methods to take a short break to repot, rearmor, etc. during a fight.
  19. M1TLAR

M1TLAR Active Member

Remove bow boosting. Lower enderpearl cooldown to 15 seconds. Jump boost increases KB so it'll be alot harder to combo someone. Especially since KB in this sever is inconsistent and knocks you back extremely far . If jump boost is a custom enchant it should be easy to aquire.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019