cannot craft or handle written books

Discussion in 'Request Assistance' started by phobosmoon, Apr 20, 2019.

1. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Fresh Spawn

in survival . it is not possible to craft or handle written books. please advise
  2. cp12cwp

cp12cwp Active Member

It's to avoid duping. However I do believe we should have been given a warning. I got like 4 books in my ec now. Now i can't even remove them. Still waiting to get a staff on to remove them
  3. phobosmoon

phobosmoon Fresh Spawn

Duping aside , This robs our players of all ability to do things like : Keep records , Store messages , Write , And to conduct business in a more professional manner.

I myself make my money in written books , The clans i operate require books to function , And keep record, I established the first publishing group in CC.
    Furthermore i write for spiritual and personal purposes . I have many now useless books of great personal and market value rendered useless and i know im not alone in this. " You have effectively banned writing..... "
    I have seen duping books (and databases) . It would be easy enough to distinguish between the two programmatically speaking . Furthermore i will gladly offer my skills if this is an area of confusion.

I speak for the book owning users of conspiracy craft when i say , "Please find a more elegant solution to this problem . "
    and give us back our books .

~moon
  4. Billynguy

Billynguy Admin Staff Member

We're looking to fix the duping glitches but the short-hand solution at the moment is to disable the books so no further dupes will occur. Apologies for the inconvenience.
  5. Darth Father

Darth Father Member

I can't argue with the fact that it's causing server-wide problems, but there should be a replacement besides signs. Without wanting to pose as a problem as much as I want to pose a request for solution in this map, it's been keeping me from being able to keep track of Item Contributions for the Item Museum.
    Let me pose some solutions of the problem:
    -We could limit Books to 1 per player and make them untradable or unthrowable.
    -Allow players to add Lore to Books with a unique command.
    Thanks for your time and patience put into this. Please keep in mind that my primary target is not to pose another problem but rather offer a solution.