Survival News: Build Event, Gifting, Souls, DXP & More!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Goazart, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Goazart

Goazart Owner Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hi all!

I hope you all are having a great Friday. We are here to announce a Spring inspired Build Event for you Survivalists, as well as some updates! Spring is personally my favorite time of the year. Watching the environment around you go from cold and dead to very bright and lively is such an amazing thing.

Build Event Info

Theme

For this Nature Build Event, the theme is based around everything great about nature. Beautiful trees, grass, bumble bees, animals, forests, rivers and the like!

Rules
    • Build must reflect the theme.
    • Build must be posted on the Survival section of the forums with 5 screenshots and its coordinates.
    • You may add a story or a poem about your build in your forum post (optional, bonus points).
    • Do not copy or plagiarize someone else's build. But you're free to use one as an inspiration to build yours.
    • You mustn't use Schematica or any other similar mods to aid you.
    • Collaboration builds ARE allowed this time (but rewards are split if you win).
    • Build must've been built after the announcement (i.e. you can't enter with an old build).
    • Do not build near any other submissions.
    • No inappropriate structures.
    Rewards
    • First Place: $30 Gift Card
    • Second Place: $20 Gift Card
    • Third Place: $15 Gift card
    Judges

From left to right @Goazart, @Sami_Darkangel, @xdCyanide, @CombatGuitar and @Hewittassassin29. This list is subject to change before the judging date.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Deadline

The deadline is April 29th, which gives you one month to finish your build and post it on the forums. We will start judging from April 30th and tally up your scores and announce the winners soon after.

Submission Format

Username:

Build name:

Location: (coordinates, pm them to me if you would like them to be private)

Screenshots: (at least 5 pls)

Story/Poem: (optional)

Updates

Souls

There are some new Souls coming to Survival! These aren't Boss Souls, however, they are rare and can only be obtained from Crates or the Store. They can be used for creating your own weapon name & lore.

Upon receiving a Soul of Naming or Soul of Lore, you can right click while holding it. After you right click, it will send the Soul to your Soul Pouch. Your Soul Pouch is like a bank where your Souls are held. You can check the pouch with /soulpouch.

Gifting

Wuut? Yes, you can now gift random players or friends items from your inventory. It can't be used while you are in combat. Use the command /gift to see how it works after the update!

Double XP

Ayeeee! Double XP will be on all weekend. Reborn, anyone? :)

War Keys

The keys rewarded from KoTH are being replaced with War keys. The loot is a bit better, too!

KoTH Schedule

KoTH is now on a schedule. It will happen once every day at 1 PM Central time. Staff will still host them sometimes, but usually it will just be the auto-scheduled one.

PvP Warp

The PvP warp has just received notice that it's not Winter anymore. The snow and ice have melted, and it has been returned to it's normal state!

Everything under the updates section will be added after the reboot tonight. The Build Event however, can be started as soon as you like.. We hope you enjoy your Spring Break, whenever that may be for you!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Tejas

Tejas Member

This is something survival needs :D and thanks for keeping the koth scheduled tho, and i hope the gear from war keys aren't bad like protection 5lol, Great job.
  3. xdCyanide

xdCyanide Mod Staff Member

Not participating but, is it allowed to build in alpine?
  4. Ziyadk

Ziyadk Member

:3 cool time to start farming and planing for it <3
  5. Goazart

Goazart Owner Staff Member

Yes
  6. YouBeCombo

YouBeCombo Well-Known Member

can I be a judge?
  7. KouritoKokoro

KouritoKokoro Fresh Spawn

Oh Mah Gawdd We can build in alpineeeee :V
  8. cp12cwp

cp12cwp Active Member

Was allowed last time
  9. MightyNutella

MightyNutella Active Member

10. SeanApples

SeanApples Fresh Spawn

What's alpine
  11. xdCyanide

xdCyanide Mod Staff Member

It's a rank V/architect only world
  12. YouBeCombo

YouBeCombo Well-Known Member

Damm the segregation is real xD (no racism)