Why I think both 1.8 and 1.9 are crap now and the doom of java multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by superomega, Feb 13, 2019.

1. superomega

superomega Well-Known Member

I think my main issue with 1.8 is not that its 'skillful' or that is just spam clicking, its about lack of diversity, depth and the softcaps it has.
    First of all pretty much the most used argument against the spam click argument is that aim is a lot more important, this is 100% true but the issue is that that is really it. It is just aim with a bit of movement and micro-organisation here and there, you can barely outplay your opponent in terms of raw skill and this is especially true at the softcaps.
    What I mean with softcaps is that people seem to hang on on a certain of skill a long time before actually gtting better results, even when slightly improving. You can see it in a lot of high level pvp where pvp is pretty much trades and no outplaying, ( especially true for the uhc community but strategy is involved there)
    At the time of 1.8 it did what it was supposed to but honestly staying on such an old version of the game is just gonna end up killing java, I wish Mojang actually utilized minecraft to its full potential and supported modding and running servers a lot more, but they did not and time will tell if they do.

They 'recently' split up the community again and you could say its worse than 1.8/1.9 split. Them adding a new crossplatform version that is technically superior to java is just idiotic in my opinion, its called bedrock and its getting pretty much all the potential new players java would get for the pc version, I think its the main reason java shrank by 50%! in a year ( jamm said this and you can clearly see it in server player counts)

So yeah pretty bad spot we are in right now, maybe a merge with bedrock would help but enjoy for as long as it will last.
  2. RazotayX

RazotayX Well-Known Member

Warning Ranting inbound.

Doesnt really have much to do with the topic of the thread.

1.8 pvp is way more diverse then you mention it as. 1.8 is not just spam clicking, it includes aiming and strafing. A great deal of being good in 1.8 pvp is strafing. If you didnt know that then your spiting out nonsense without prior research. Majority of 1.8 pvpers will agree with me that 1.8 requires a great chunk of skill and technique to actually be decent. If what your saying is true then why dont all 1.8 pvpers get the same result? If its just spam clicking and aiming (which requires the minimum amount of skill) then how come one player decimates the other player with a huge gap in pot conservation (if its nodebuff). Strafing greatly enhances and impacts the fight. If you dont strafe your honestly trash. Jitter clicking, butterfly clicking, drag clicking, or any other type of clicking doesnt affect pvp much. It does effect it a decent bit, but thats not the main thing. Many players can 6cps and destory jitter clickers. Its because they strafe.
  3. superomega

Lmao I literally said that it wasnt just spam clicking, i literally debunked that in the thread, I said aiming was the most important factor and that things like movement and micro-organisation just help slightly, and that is my issue, it basically becomes some kind of fps game with limited range because of how much it is based on aim
  4. Goazart

Goazart Owner Staff Member

All mojang needs to do is make it to where we can combat to be how we would like it, without having to make a special client. The multiplayer community is too small for them to really care about, which explains why nothing they have done in the past 3 years has taken servers into consideration or benefited them.
  5. YouBeCombo

YouBeCombo Well-Known Member

:happy: glad to see your not dead.
  6. RazotayX

What???? Again your saying shit without reading my post. Lmfao

Aiming isnt the most important factor actually. It depends alot on how you click. 6cps players dont have a hard time aiming while jitterclickers do (when you’re new to it)z
  7. superomega

Lmao its about aim, you just contradicted yourself. A lot goes into your aim and you can't just say its so much based on clicking because at the end of the day it is about pure aim anyway and I think just pure talent is a bigger factor than clicking.
  8. superomega

Don't think they will, and even if they do it will probably be on the bedrock platform that you guys may remember as PE, win10 and console editions.
    There is a reason that version still has 1.8 combat as far as I know and a lot more partnered community members, they for example got a community store which is a great opportunity for content made by the community like it or not and I am pretty sure they have a lot more partnered servers on bedrock, they also pretty much only featured bedrock servers on minecon.
  9. MightyNutella

MightyNutella Active Member

aim is the most important thing in pvp
  10. RazotayX

Aiming is important sure, but not really hard. Anyone decent at minecraft can aim. Strafing on the other hand is a huge factor in pvp, its hard but if you do master strafing then your really really good at pvp. Aiming isnt hard whatsoever why are you even counting it.
  11. superomega

everyone can aim but who can aim consistently, quit your bullshit
  12. RazotayX

Aim consistently? Wtf are you on about. Lmao
  13. bLueee

bLueee Active Member

why i don’t care
  14. superomega

everyone can aim, but if its very inconsistent ( basic english vocabulary ) it gets horrible and especially in a game as dynamic as this its important
  15. RazotayX

When has aiming become inconsistent? What your saying makes no sense.

Anyways, I cant be bothered to waste my time arguing with the likes of you. Im outta ‘ere. Honestly stupid.
  16. MightyNutella

you are the only stupid guy here LOL aiming is the most important thing in pvp like what is the point of strafing when you cant put your crosshair on your enemy
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. RazotayX

Well no duh! Lmfao. Aiming is a must but is it hard? No, it isnt.

Randy comes outta nowhere and spews some Random shit.
  18. giga_08

giga_08 Well-Known Member

stfu y'all
    minecraft is becoming shit, faction, pvp and mostly all minigame servers use 1,8 or even 1.7.10 which is such a shame, since 1.8 was invented in 2014 and we can't update shit cause of this stupid combat change on 1.9+ versions
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. MightyNutella

stfu anime fag cps doesnt matter when you have no aim fuck outta here with your bs
  20. RazotayX

Your a retard. Your level of stupidity is beyond comprehension. I have nothing else to say. Cya randy.