Factions is Going Downhill. Here is Why

Discussion in 'Invasion' started by The_Noodle, Feb 2, 2019.

1. The_Noodle

The_Noodle Active Member

I've discussed some stuff with Jamm and would like this thread closed thanks.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. giga_08

giga_08 Well-Known Member

the duping glitch was fixed immediately wym?

money receiving while logging on was fixed immediately as well, wym?

don't act like you're innocent, only asasa confessed about mining spawners, and god knows if she lied about the amount of spawners she mined, also theres no way to check who mined what, that gives your team an advantage, helps you hide what you did better huh?

well, it certainly isnt our faction member whos phasing, its coming from our enemies, so blame your team.

didn't know asasa received 30d ban, it really should've been perm, she lied to staff many times, abused the glitch many times, @JammTheGoat change it to perm ban.

i agree with that, screensharing is ass rn, no one can actually properly ss lmao.

jamm always responds to people, guess you just didnt chose the right time to msg him.

i agree, trusted rank is just unnecessary.

sorry bud, its op factions server, you cant expect people to pot pvp when theyre getting attacked with sharpness 12 :p

cannoning isn't ass long as you know how cannons work, i guess that was the main reason your team copied my cannon to raid my base lmao.
  3. bLueee

bLueee Active Member

honestly i don’t disagree with any of this +1
  4. LordKonKon

LordKonKon Moderator Staff Member

Just to clarify something, The trusted team is essentially a trial for being a staff member. We see that you have potential, so we give you a taste of what being a staff member is like. Those who cannot handle being in the trusted position would never have a shot at being a helper, let alone anything higher. Now dont get me wrong, there is still the other side of the experience. If you show that your potential is worthy of joining the staff ranks, then you will most likely move up on to the team. Keep in mind however, this doesnt mean those who simply report a lot will get the position, it takes a bit more than that to show us your ready.

As for the rest of this post, i have to say a few things also.
    Much like giga said, to my knowledge most of those glitches you stated were worked out and sorted. Keep in mind, not every server is going to have every single exploit fixed, there are always exploits out there, what matters is how quickly it can be dealt with.

I have to agree with you on the staff team situation though, its no secret that factions is currently lacking in staff activity (I myself cant even be as active because of college), but getting active staff isnt as simple as picking out someone and saying "Yes, you are now staff!" Weve seen that happen before with certain people who i shant be naming, and they didnt end that well. We are always in the process of looking for potential staff both on survival and factions, we are always closely monitoring out trusted team aswell to see if we deem them fit enough for the ranks of helper, and so on.

Now, i cant really give much of an opinion on cannoning because i dont really have that much knowledge on it, but if players like Giga, KTL and others are able to successfully raid other players bases with them, i dont see why its too much of an issue. Sure it can be sharpened from what ive heard, but its still fully possible.

PvP. I laughed again when i saw this. You are saying how a lack of Custom enchants removes the skill required for PvP, but when there are enchants that deal extra damage, remove pieces of armour, increase speed and strength passively, then i dont know what to say.
    All i can say however, is please do remember that it was the players that wanted CE's to be removed for a map. Im not blaming them at all, but at the same time it isnt fair to blame anyone for that. I simply see it as getting a taste for what the players actually want. If they suggest something but later come to not like it, then we know that that kind of thing isnt a good idea.

In conclusion, the server isnt perfect. But we are trying. With help from the players (They are helping a lot) we can iron out any bugs and exploits, and get suggestions on what to do with the server (We have a suggestion discord, if you can remember jamm explaining that.)
    These things take time however, especially with (as you said) a lack of staff to help jamm out. Hes 1 guy, he cant do everything alone. Its a team effort, from the staff team and the players.
  5. giga_08

KTL was only successful in raiding me cause he used my cannon :"V
  6. xtend123

xtend123 Well-Known Member

Jamm said gapps would be rare this map. Well, what I know is gapps are actually not rare lol @LordKonKon
  7. bLueee

bLueee Active Member

who cares it’s factions
  8. giga_08

the plugin that tped spawners in inventory, could be wrong, but whoever mined spawners cant be checked.
  9. xtend123

Oh OK.
  10. xtend123

But jamm...xD.
  11. The_Noodle

The_Noodle Active Member

The money glitch was not fixed immediately. I received the glitch 3 weeks prior to other people having the glitch and reported it to staff. Nothing happened. Honestly, what I can say about the raid was that it was 100% legit. I understand your viewpoint about asasa but she came after she saw 600 million being removed from ftop and started mining. Why would I blame my team on phasing it's the server fault for not having proper antiphase plugins. The pvp aspect should just be fixed for the next map. Yes, it is op factions but I think a more pot pvp based style will be more fun for the community.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  12. The_Noodle

The_Noodle Active Member

This is exactly the problem. When you get accepted as trusted, you should already have basic helper perms. What's the point of waiting 5 months for helper when you've already applied? Now I'm not saying accepted staff members should instantly be mod but at least helper where they can actively do something. Having this trusted position for 5-7 months: simply demotivates anyone from really wanting to become staff as I said previously and makes the application process really pointless. When I was trusted, I was eager to help staff with there problems like screensharing etc. But was flat rejected. The staff team right now is not that great and needs a major revamp. People wanted Custom Enchants removed to create a more fair pvp based system for everyone;however, what happened this map? exactly the opposite. PvP is now only based on who has the most gaps and can run away. Exactly why I'm suggesting for a meta next map where the meta is maybe 10-15 gaps with maybe a gap cooldown. Yes, players are helping you guys report bugs etc. but why are you not informing the communtiy when something like the spawner mining bug was present. No steps were taking to do anything and we were almost banned as a result.
  13. giga_08

well the money glithc is fixed now so why are you crying? and your raid wasnt 100% legit lmao, even ktl admitted to mining 1 spawner and theres no way for jamm to check who mined what so dont play dumb with me, you cant defend against sharpness 12 with potions, youre just too dumb to understand that right? also stop crying about people phasing since its from one of your team of course lmao.
  14. Billynguy

Billynguy Jesus Staff Member

Just wanted to leave a reply to clarify the purpose of Trusted.
    The Trusted team is just a way for us to monitor players that we don't see fit yet for Helper. It helps us answer questions like how much do they report, what are their demeanor toward some punishments, if they're mature or can remain professional under stressful circumstances, if they can handle constant toxicity/questions for their actions, etc.
    Usually it doesn't take that long for a Trusted player to progress up the ranks if they wish to. At most a month if they are still actively participating and there are also some other Trusted Members also to evaluate. We try to compare the trusted with other trusted with how much they report, how well they fit in, what their abilities are, etc. We tend to do promotions in groups, as in we promote more than one player at a time.
    Another thing that most players don't really realize is that the Trusted Position also helps to see if a player can handle the toxicity of being a staff member. Like it or not, Staff members get dealt with most the toxicity because they have to handle cases involving the server and the players on it. Trusted members, for the most part, don't get most the toxicity for reports since you are not having to answer for your actions, aren't the one making judgement based on the report, handing out punishments, etc. Helpers+ have to do that and receive the backlash from a report whether they are right or wrong. If a player can't handle that then they might be better off as being a Trusted member rather than a person who handles punishments/cases.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. BlazeRektYou

BlazeRektYou Member

if you’ve been trusted for 5 months you’re doing something wrong lmfao
  16. Howdy7473

Howdy7473 Member

I've been playing cc for a good amount of time (before I was banned ofc) and I've seen 2 major things that cc needs to fix, number 1 server has been up for a good amount of time, all these "updates" are useless, like no one cares if your adding new things to custom enchants or shit like that, we want better anti cheats or better staff who actually know how to do their job correctly, as noodle stated staff don't know how to ss, and the amount of cheaters on cc is just ridiculous, and you can't complain about not having "enough money" when jamm perm bans all the people that spend money on the server, why do you think server have unban all its not so people get 2nd chances it so they buy more shit that's how you run a server, its all about money all this ye ye its just for fun is bs its all about money like it or not. 2nd issue this "trusted" position needs to go you either make someone staff or you don't, having some pointless rank between helper won't do anyone any good all these "trusted" members do is just report it to the already inactive staff, so it's useless. 3rd point (ik i didn't say anything about this) is that the server has gotten to the point where its like no one really does anything, only time people get on is when there is a Koth or something, so how about we add something that involves the player base, like everyday koths or events where you can get some good stuff, not just some bs cash. There is an event called citadel on HCF where all the top factions go to cap it, whoever wins gets alot of items towards their ftop so they become super rich, this event happens once though I believe, other ideas including adding tourments player vs player or faction vs faction, all these consent bs updates is just a waste of time for the players and jamm as a matter of fact. Make communinty polls on what people in the server want, and see what the community wants from the server and the staff team.

Thanks -Cresina
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Sayril

Sayril Active Member

wasn't "immediately fixed" ok

edit:*cough* forgot to mention biased staff *cough* ( i have a good arguement bout this so don't bother :p"
  18. giga_08

it was immediately fixed, what argument do you have? i'd like to hear that buddy.
  19. Sayril

Sayril Active Member

i was experiencing the money glitch not less than 3 weeks ago i literally got 50mil without even me noticing and people thought i was duping
  20. giga_08

P sure they fixed it 3 weeks ago or so.