[Suggestion] New Boss System for Survival Map 5

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by YMbrothers, Jan 7, 2019.

?

(It doesn't matter but I'll ask anyways) Do you like this idea in general?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I play Invasions so I'm just passing by

4. 1+1=2

5. How can I make money if the current boss is gone!?!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. YMbrothers

YMbrothers Active Member

Em... Hi. I always feel like bosses in map 4 does nothing to stimulate teamwork. I noticed bosses were made harder to counter this, but in vain. Hence, I introduce you to my solution:

Replacing Boss Eggs/Souls with Dungeons

So, what I did is that, instead of spawning a boss (which is basically a strong mob...) and kill it by yourself in secret, you're forced to recruit players to fight a boss in a dungeon. Players need to enter the dungeon, solve the puzzles, and fight the boss. What's more, I created a lot of measures to prevent solo-ing the dungeon and to force teamwork.

The whole suggestion can be long and definitely boring to read, so I just created the draft in a world.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/hppkh99femgt4co/1%2B1%3D2.zip/file
    (Note that this is in 1.13. Staff can join that for sure :/)
    (I uploaded it to MediaFire so I know how many downloaded)

I didn't create any puzzles to play and bosses to fight. All are planned and written into a book. If this suggestion is accepted, I can create actual "prototypes" (lol) to demonstrate further. No worries, what can be done with command blocks MUST be achievable with plugins.

So, please consider my suggestion. The current boss is a bit dull despite being difficult.
  2. Trapstar

Trapstar Fresh Spawn

3. RazotayX

RazotayX Well-Known Member

Seems good.
  4. Sayril

Sayril Active Member

+1 but no one would want to team up on killin' bosses everyone greedy
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. bLueee

bLueee Active Member

6. YMbrothers

YMbrothers Active Member

Which means +1 cuz he's bLueee.
  7. danisaacs

danisaacs Helper Staff Member

This is basically what I expected to Mysteria to be. And in a way it was, but we only ever had one boss.
  8. YMbrothers

YMbrothers Active Member

If this server accepts command blocks, I might be the next Dabriel. :p
  9. RazotayX

Accepts command blocks?
    Wdym by that, isnt there a command to give you the block?
  10. YMbrothers

YMbrothers Active Member

Servers can disable command blocks completely. If that's the case, only plugins can manipulate CC while command blocks cannot even be used. Ofc, 1 change in server.properties can do the stuff, but the server's load is also a consideration.

In addition, I tried installing spigot as well. For whatever reason, it kinda messes up the vanilla command, so it's all an uncertainty.
  11. RazotayX

Wow never new that. Ty.