Invasion: Map 16 Announcement

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Goazart, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Goazart

Goazart Owner Staff Member

Hey guys!

The announcement for map 16 is finally here! You have all been waiting for this for quite some time now, and it's time to roll it out. Hopefully this can be the fresh start factions needs that leads to brighter times for us. I would like to thank everyone for being patient for this and would like nothing more than for you guys to just have an enjoyable map of factions.

[​IMG]

Introduction

It has been quite a while since we've had a map that everyone regarded as really good. Whether that be from the lower amount of players, or lack of updates, or custom enchants.. I would like to consider Map 16 to be the community map, since it is something a large portion of you have wanted for a while now- an OG map with no custom enchants. Not only that, but many of the issues which the PvP'ers and raiders of the community have wanted have been fixed with this map. We've gotten a new cannon jar to fix cannons, and have added many new features to enhance and simplify modern factions. I'm not going to hype this map up as some magical fix to everyone's problems, or as anything majorly game-changing. I will just present it as it is and you can draw your own conclusions after playing :)

Highlights

Here's a sort of TL;DR of the major changes for this map.

• No custom enchants/chips
    • Cannon lag and mechanics fixed
    • 20 man facs
    • 75 power per-player (locked)
    • Mcmmo combat skills enabled
    • Improved spawn and warzone fps
    • New, simpler faction plugin
    • Updated anti-cheat
    • Player head drops fixed (random chance)
    • No poppies from IG's
    • Creepers drop TNT
    • Pig Zombies drop gold ingots (easier gap crafting)
    • God apples removed from donor kits
    • Higher cooldown on high level kits
    • All crates revamped
    • Chunk Hoppers
    • Sell Chests
    • Lottery
    • Rock Paper Sword
    • New gen buckets
    • Blacksmith for upgrading armor and weapons with XP.
    • Class kit unlocks are cumulative
    • Starter kits are p4
    • 7 custom made biome "worlds" with pre-dug corners and bedrock walls
    • Major FPS enhancements in spawn and warzone
    • New End Warzone
    • Launch pads
    • 3 new KoTHs
    • X amount of KoTH Keys are given for winning koth now, instead of the current loot box format.
    • 7 new bosses & loot
    • Revamped meteor locations and loot
    • Improved armor/wep economy (p10 & s11 isn't everywhere)
    • Improved gap economy (gaps are less common)
    • Ability to toggle lit tnt visibility (helps lag)
    • Ability to toggle falling sand visibility (helps lag)
    • Warlord's /fly doesn't get turned off by /f fly
    • Area 15 removed (for now)
    • Warframes removed
    • Useful commands /tnttoggle /sandtoggle
    • There will still be Blast picks for mining even though ce's are gone*
    Noice, now I'll go over some of the these so you can get a better grasp of them.

New Faction Plugin

We have a new faction plugin now, similar to the one we used in our older maps. It doesn't have all of the extra stuff like f upgrades, but it does have /f tnt and /f tntfill which is quite helpful. Every player has 75 max power at the point of joining, and power cannot be lost.

Chunk Hoppers

Chunk Hoppers can be bought from the /shop. They will pick up mob/crop drops in a chunk as soon as they are dropped. These should limit the amount of hoppers you need to use big time on top of being pretty useful.

Sell Chests

I think the most annoying thing about AFK'ing for a long time is coming back and having to sell all of your drops manually. This plugin will sell your drops inside the chest every minute and tell you how much you made. If you have multiple sell chests, it will add up everything sold within that minute and show you. You can toggle this feature on or off if you don't like the spam.. This means that /sellchunk will be removed, since it's no longer needed.

Lottery

The lottery is an event that is always on, but a winner is chosen every 2 hours. Each player can buy a ticket for $10k each, and that ticket is entered into a raffle. At the end of the time period, the winner is picked out of the virtual "raffle" and they win all of the money in the pot. For example, if 100 tickets are bought during the 2 hour period, the jackpot would be 1 mil. You can use /lottery to see the current jackpot and buy tickets. The more tickets you have, the more likely you are to win.

Rock Paper Sword

This is another gambling style plugin. You can challenge players to a game of RPS, which plays like rock paper scissors. You can challenge players with /rps (player) (bet) to initiate a match. The winner must win the most games out of 3 to win the pot. The pot is the combination of each player's bets. It's a fast paced, simple and fun game which can be very low or very high stakes.

Blacksmith

The Blacksmith is an NPC that you can go to for upgrading your armor and weapons with XP. Since custom enchants are no longer a thing, this made sense to add so XP can still have a use to attain higher level enchantments.

Biomes

There is no longer a large 10k world around the spawn. Instead, there are 7 Biomes you can choose from for where you want your base to be on the /biomes menu. Each biome was custom made, and has no ores. The last 500 blocks or so of the map tapers off to bedrock at y:1, so you don't have to worry about all that trenching and chunk busting. 7 "Biomes" means there are basically 7 worlds with corners. The border of each of these worlds has a bedrock wall to make base building easier, and as a safeguard against some of the exploits we've had before on corner bases. For mining, there is a resource world that will be 5k with spawners and such. We will probably reset it every few weeks depending on how fast it gets drained, not sure yet though.

Launch Pads

Launch pads are found in the Warzone and are used for launching players to different heights. There are four different tiers of them, iron, gold, diamond and redstone. Iron, gold and diamond launch pads launch you up x amount of blocks, and redstone launchers will launch you up and forward similar to the one in hub. These are just a new mechanic for the Warzone since we have some areas where these would be useful instead of having to always use pearls.

Classes

Classes will be maxed at level 7 this map. You will have all of the kits you unlock instead of just the highest one, so if you're a level 5 Alien, you will also have kits 1-4. All of the kits are the same as well, so the only difference between classes now is just the perks each one has. Alien will still have the shorter pearl cooldown; Agent will get temporary Strength 3 on kill (~3 seconds); and Cyborg will get regen 2 on kill (~3 seconds).

End Warzone

We've made a full warzone in the End with 3 KoTHs. The KoTHs in the warzone will be a bit more challenging to cap, but more rewarding.

Gen Buckets

We have a new Gen Bucket plugin that has vertical and horizontal gens, as well as printable ones. But, there's currently an issue with it and we might not be able to fix it in time for this SOTW. We'll use it if possible, but if not, we will be using the one from last map.

Ftop

$750 in ftop prizes will be paid out to the winners at the end of the 2 month map! Note: the map isn't guaranteed to last 2 months, we might end it sooner if necessary.

1st place - $150 PayPal + $300 Store credits
    2nd place - $200 Store credits
    3rd place - $100 Store credits

Ending words

Well, here it is. I hope this will help get us into the right direction. Sorry if you guys don't feel as hyped up as the previous map. I've decided not to hype this one up as much so you guys don't get as let down if it doesn't go as planned (and neither will I). I think having shorter maps will be much better for us, since we'll be able to keep them more populated.

Release Info!

The grace period will last 7 days!

EOTW: Saturday, 12 pm est
    SOTW: Saturday, 3 pm est

Countdown Timer: https://itsalmo.st/map-16-mB4s

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. BlazeRektYou

BlazeRektYou Member

bringbackmap12
  3. Triozics

Triozics Active Member

Will warlords still have our kit p10 sharp 11?
  4. Goazart

Yeah, but the cooldown is higher, and no god apples.
  5. xtend123

xtend123 Well-Known Member

why u enable mcmmo combat :(
  6. xtend123

so unarmed is a thing now :(
  7. RyanePlayz

RyanePlayz Member

tbh not a real fan of mcmmo being used in combat....but im hyped af with no ces and i finally love it that ces have been removed <3
  8. Goazart

Not unarmed lol.
  9. xtend123

Good boy. <3
  10. xLsGRules

xLsGRules Well-Known Member

Looks very nice. Gap cooldown is needed imo
  11. giga_08

giga_08 Well-Known Member

Nothing to lose but nothing to gain from pvping I think its gonna be boring.
  12. xtend123

Pvping is what makes it fun lol.
  13. Chrgama

Chrgama Active Member

Im pretty sure youre one of the people who were *****ing about ces
  14. giga_08

No, you're wrong. i dont know where you're getting those false informations from, i always wanted to keep the ces.
  15. giga_08

gapples are going to be easy to get, and p10 will be fairly easy as well, i dont know, my feelings are mixed about this to be honest .-.
  16. giga_08

I'm kind of disappointed about 75 power for 1 player. i definitely expected more than just 1.5k power which is same as last map
    Cannoning hasn't been tested fully, it still has some malfunctions right now.
  17. Beezy

Beezy Moderator Staff Member

You didn’t address insiding in this thread whatsoever. As me and alot of other players have said, please just try it out for just this map. The server is going to get a lot more players which means a lot more people would be looking for a Staff positions. If this can’t be a thing as of SOTW, please implement it later on into the map.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  18. Speedy

Speedy Active Member

My type of map will be looking forward to playing this map.
  19. Speedy

Speedy Active Member

But understand if your good at pvp you can beat someone with a p10 with p4. This map is about skill not people running around with 29 hearts and 3 shot swords. 20 man facs will mean you’ll have more factions to raid isn’t that what you want?
  20. Triozics

Triozics Active Member

@JammTheGoat can you add a /stats plugin so we can see how many kills and deaths people have and kd or killstreak