Stop ignoring these Problems.

Discussion in 'Invasion' started by Dralo3889, Nov 30, 2018.

?

Would you like Insiding Removed?

This poll will close on Dec 15, 2018 at 7:51 PM.
  1. Yes.

64.7%
  2. No.

35.3%
  1. Dralo3889

Dralo3889 Member

Topic: Alrighty, so today Im going to get into a topic that's recently proposed and shot down.
    Im hoping that since you guys are claiming that things will be different with Map16, some of the other smaller things will also be dealt with.

Insiding: So a few months ago a thread was made about insiding. In the thread there was a poll on weather or not we should allow insiding. Me as well as a lot of other people voted. The funny thing was that over 2/3 of the majority of people that voted said they wanted it removed. You guys said that Insiding was an aspect of Factions but if anything, ( Well on this Server ) Its chopping down the player average. Its pretty self explanatory why people dislike Insiding but if you didn't already know, Insiding is disliked by a large part of the player database because when someone insides, they basically destroy all your hard work, or take most things that made your Faction valuable. I feel removing it will give players the full Factions feel without having to worry about Insiders and can focus on Base Defenses, Walls, and other things along those lines.

Comment: If you are a fellow player and agree with the things I said, please try and help make this a thing. Comment your ideas and other things you wish to have changed.
  2. Dralo3889

Dralo3889 Member

Please don't go off topic in this Thread, this is a serious discussion.
  3. YMbrothers

YMbrothers Active Member

I'm not a factions player (or rather, I'm an ex-faction player), but please to take my opinion seriously as well.

Back in the days, insiding sucks. You place down all the spawners, and one day, everything's gone but no holes were found.
    I agree, that makes you lose all your hardwork. But rmb, in CC, you can't dig spawners during raid and I don't think there's any unraidable base up to date. Insiding means that you need to be cautious about choosing players. So, to a certain extent, insiding is actually another hidden element of Factions.

On the other hand, yes. Most of you might consider cannon-ing and defending as the main or even only aspect of Factions. Insiding is dirty, near a level of scamming. If there's a way to prevent insiding, (like having records of who broke the spawner and left the faction), it might be nice to the majority. Cuz obviously, if everybody is so paranormal, how are you supposed to build a big faction. : p
  4. Dralo3889

Dralo3889 Member

I respect your opinion, but often so many people leave do to this problem. And the thing is its always the new comers who are insided and end up leaving due to them wasting so much time on a new server for all of it to go to shit.
  5. xtend123

xtend123 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I have seen many newbies efforts go to waste because of this and they have ended up quitting. Been noticing this since map 14(the map I joined CC).

I vote for it to be bannable as it just makes a player's efforts go to waste in a few span of seconds. You can't really know who is gonna inside or who isn't gonna when you recruit, can you?

You might say you need to setup the perms for untrusted recruits. But, you will obviously need a coleader or moderator in the faction to help you out with stuff. The leader alone can't manage everything in a faction. This is where the role of coleader(s) and moderator(s) come into place.

But who are you gonna assign if you can't trust any of them just yet?
  6. YMbrothers

YMbrothers Active Member

Making insiding bannable sound nice. Problem is that most newcomers don't know it's bannable cuz they never read the rules. When they're banned, the insider's gone, with the items they looted. Instead of banning insiders, preventing them sounds like a better yet difficult solution.
  7. jaymantri

jaymantri Active Member Staff Member

Ok the only problem I see with this idea of removing insiding and for staff to monitor if it’s a inside or not is that people can easily lie and get duped spawners because we(staff team) would have to replace them for what the insider took. And we wouldn’t know if the insider took a hit for the team and just mined up the spawners and put them in a chest somewhere in the faction. It will just hard to monitor since we(staff team) aren’t always on 24/7.
  8. xtend123

I understand what your saying and I totally agree with it. How about this?

Make insiding bannable but no refund of spawners, that sound good?
  9. Jesusameme

Jesusameme Member

Insiding is particularly a part of Factions. And if you remove it, I’d say it won’t be fun anymore. But, insiding can make a huge impact on your reputation as a “trusted” player on the network. No one would like you or want you in their faction. Just do it on your own risk and invite the people who YOU think are trustable enough to be in your faction. Pretty self explanatory, isn’t it?

That’s not how it works. Even if we ban the player to make sure he doesn’t repeats the mistakes or just to stop him or her in general, it would still leave the player insided with no benefits at all. It’d make the way of handling WAY worse. If you’re going to punish the player, refund the scammed player his IGs as well.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  10. jaymantri

If there is no refund, then it still cause the same problem. The insider takes everything and the player who got insided has nothing.
  11. giga_08

giga_08 Well-Known Member

Insiding isn't part of factions, i dont know what you guys are on, cocaine?
  12. giga_08

13. xtend123

you had made that other insiding post and agreed to saying insiding shouldn't be allowed. Here, your opinion's different?
  14. giga_08

Are you blind? I've always wanted insiding bannable lmao. Carefully read other people's posts next time.
  15. xtend123

oh im sorry i misread your other post. .-.
  16. YMbrothers

YMbrothers Active Member

How about keep track of players who mined the spawners? Also make spawners place-able only in ender chest or in their faction base. Does that kinda solve the issue?

Simple explanation:
    You can find the insider by seeing who mines the spawner. Leaders (or other highly ranked faction member) has the record, staff can also read it.
    If you don't put it in chest, dispensers, hoppers, furnances, you have to store it in your faction base or ender chest. Those 2 are easy to track right?

Limiation:
    There will be a bunch of log files. They're just text tho.
  17. jaymantri

Then why are u here...if u don’t have a opinion/solution on the problem, then don’t comment.

I don’t understand. So you are basically saying that to keep track of the insider and do what. Also what about the refund? Should the player who got insided be refunded or do we(staff team) just keep track of the person who insided..?
  18. The_Noodle

The_Noodle Member

Stop Guys. This has already proven to work on hcf and factions servers. People usually record others insiding not staff keeping track of insiders. Why not try something new this map? the server is on a decline and this is one of the many things conspiracy can do to advance itself. If it dosen't work out, hey, jamm can remove the rule anytime. GIVE IT A FUCKEN TRY
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  19. Dralo3889

Dralo3889 Member

@JammTheGoat You claim to do everything players ask for, this is one of the dire things this server needs, make a poll about it on the discord and I garunte you that having insiding bannable will win.
  20. JammTheGoat

JammTheGoat ▲ Owner ▲ Staff Member

The only way we would make a no insiding rule is if there's no refunds/rollbacks, but only bans. It opens ftop up to exploits like jay said and I don't think y'all realize the consequences that would bring about. "Staff duped spawners" lmfao. No thanks.

If we could just say insiding be gone and there not be insiding, we would do that. But it's not that simple, and it requires a lot more moderation too.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018