Upcoming Map 16 Info & Future Plans

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by JammTheGoat, Nov 29, 2018.

1. JammTheGoat

JammTheGoat ▲ Owner ▲ Staff Member

What's good fam!

As you should know, the time is approaching for the close of Map 15 and the beginning of a new map, Map 16. There have been many polls so far on Discord and things are shaping up pretty well right now. I expect that we will be ready for a release next Saturday (Dec. 8th), but not making it official just yet. If you want to know what this map is going to be about, then read on!

I think everyone is wondering right now how this next map is going to pan out, and the future. There have been some issues with the core factions experience for the past few maps now, with custom enchants and cannoning for the most part. Custom enchants bring a lot of issues to smaller servers, most notably the fact that there is less competition in pvp due to the high barrier of entry for capping KoTH and such. It doesn't make sense for us to have them anymore at this point and you guys seem very happy about that. Cannons have also gotten the proper treatment, which should do raiding a lot of good. The lag caused by cannon explosions has been fixed thanks to a new jar.. The lag is what made some cannons blow up as well, so it fixes that too.

I'm glad we've all decided to go the route of just removing the chips/enchants. They looked cool, sounded cool, but as far as the actual gameplay, they didn't really enhance the server. With the decline of PvP in Minecraft, it just makes more sense to make the gameplay more fun for the average players joining. I think a very large amount of the tons of new players we get joining Invasion every week wind up leaving because the grind gap is just way too large for them to bother catching up to, whereas with just plain OP facs, you can jump and fight competitively with pots in starter gear if you're good.

If you have been following our polls, you'll know that we are going to be aiming for 2 month resets now. Map 16 probably would have been ready by now, but at the last minute I decided to give in and give you guys who are fed up with ce's what you want. For a lot of you, it is what made you stick with Conspiracy to begin with so many maps ago. Having resets every 2 months should keep the server more populated, and it won't be that bad of a grind considering you won't have to spend hours making new gsets every map. I'm prepared to do monthly resets if it comes down to it; I just want Conspiracy to be active and competitive again, and throughout the entire map, not just the first few weeks. Longer maps might have worked in the past, but I don't think it's for the best anymore.

That is the basic gist of the map; I'm not going to go far into detail on this post with the other features. That is being saved for the proper Map 16 post. But now something else I would like to talk about is the future.

This past year hasn't been too well for most servers. It seems that the glory days for Java might be over, but, just because it is declining does not mean it's dead or going to be dead soon. The main thing that we and many other servers are struggling with right now is change and competition from big servers. I am willing to do whatever it takes to grow and you guys know I'm in this for the long haul. Going forward, I think it is time that we break these chains of being only a Factions and Survival server. I feel like I have a lot of creativity I can offer to the bigger scene in Minecraft and I want to pursue that soon. That in no way means I want to abandon either of the gamemodes, but expand rather. If we were able to expand our team, it would be beneficial for everyone as there could be more and better content at a much faster pace. It would be the most challenging thing I've ever taken on, but I don't want to look back on this years down the road and think that I didn't give it all I had..

Thanks for reading mates! You can expect the Map 16 post either this weekend or early next week :)
    ~Jamm

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Dralo3889

Dralo3889 Member

1st comment
  3. Hypergamer

Hypergamer Fresh Spawn

MEhh jamm nyc post but i think maybe u should start playing on the server yourself and even record videos for youtubeas youtube actracts many peopel to new servers and check them out !
    Maybe do liek weekly keys for donors so the donors dnt have to keep buyign keys constantly ! that would be good!
  4. xtend123

xtend123 Well-Known Member

YAY!! Conspiracy's road to best server begins now!
  5. xFastFirex

xFastFirex Fresh Spawn

10/10 can't wait
  6. Ryan/Bionic

Ryan/Bionic Active Member

I agree
  7. RazotayX

RazotayX Well-Known Member

Hopefully map 16 will live up to its name unlike map 15, no offense.
  8. RazotayX

RazotayX Well-Known Member

Dont tell me EoTW is on Friday..
    EoTW on Saturday! And SoTW on Sunday!
  9. JammTheGoat

None taken lol

I really want to do this at some point. I definitely will be pvping more and casually playing the next map.
  10. minimaxammo

minimaxammo Member

Unban mini
  11. YMbrothers

YMbrothers Active Member

Not a Faction-type player so I ignore the upper part.
    What kind of gamemode do you want to add tho?
    We have an aggressive Faction game and a peaceful Survival game. It pretty much covered the "long-term game".

I know. Most super popular are minigame servers. But are you gonna follow their path? Or make a completely NEW gamemode that no servers have tried?
  12. JammTheGoat

Going to be making casual competitive games that can be played by anyone at any time regardless of rank and stuff, so in that sense yes. That's the formula behind most multiplayer games right now. Not making copies of BedWars and crap like that but just our own stuff that we consider more fun. I also want to make new gamemodes with 1.15 if the combat is better. That's going to be an important time for servers in the next year or so if they can make a new hit with the changed combat mixed with new features since 1.9.

The beautiful thing about Minecraft is that it's played and enjoyed by people of all ages. That's the ideology I want to embrace. I love Factions and Survival and never want to abandon those gamemodes, but I'm ready to grow out of this niche. There's no way I can evolve those gamemodes to be appealing to the masses to bring us past 1-2k players. They are old and expecting games like those to blow up past 5k in 2018 is not likely.
  13. Ryan/Bionic

Ryan/Bionic Active Member

If you do get to somehow make Map 16 same as the old maps apart from Map 15, I am officially going to start playing on here again.

I wish you the best of luck Mr. Goat!
    -Ryan
  14. JammTheGoat

The old maps like map 10 were essentially just mcmmo rankups and prot 10. So if that's what you're wanting, that's what it will be. Except it will have the class system with some new features to make the pvp a little more diversified. And thanks!
  15. gaenotch21

gaenotch21 Member

oh hell nah jamm will /kill xD hes gona make a godset no1 that no1 will have and no1 will get.

jks <3
  16. gaenotch21

gaenotch21 Member

17. eze

eze Active Member

CC without jamm = 0 jamm is da best jamm is the big bitc.H
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. xtend123

xtend123 Well-Known Member

Cute pro!! <3
  19. ksdhfn

ksdhfn Fresh Spawn

I am so ready for the reset im giving up ny private vault coords to some1 online when im on.
  20. YMbrothers

YMbrothers Active Member

Mojang has not planned 1.15 yet (I believe), so don't get your hopes too high.

If minigame will be the new path CC is going to, I'm thinking of a few concerns:
    1. Can the server take the load?
    2. Is it original enough to be unique?
    3. Is it random or theme-based?
    4. Can Youtubers see it?
    5. Where can you find new (or old, if they can take it) developers for managing the minigames? It's definitely not healthy if you One Man Army this new thing.
    6. Will you care less about the Invasion and Survival's update and future?

The list is kinda exhaustive, but that's what I can think of by now.