The difference

Discussion in 'Invasion' started by JammTheGoat, Nov 5, 2018.

?

Would you like this better than ce's?

1. Yes!

26 vote(s)
    83.9%
  2. No..

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Not sure yet

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. JammTheGoat

JammTheGoat ▲ Owner ▲ Staff Member

I've been working on the next reset for the past couple days on Invasion and I realized something. I haven't actually had fun myself on my own server since the old days of op facs. By the old days, I mean the days where to pvp, all you had to do was get a kit, grab some pots and jump off the spawn. Somewhere along the line, this became just a grind where you had to spend hours and hours just to get one set of armor that would keep you from getting rekt, only to be scared to use it most of the time.

Back in my day people just fought with what they had, and you could jump with just about anything above p3 and stand a chance as long as you had some potions or gaps. Everyone participated in pvp because there wasn't that much to lose, even if it was p10, they probably had 12 other sets of it. For the past 4 maps, we've been messing around with different variations of custom enchants, and each map the amount of pvp has gone down substantially each time around. This is also because of the fact that java multiplayer has gone down hill, but it's also because as a new player, you just want to be able to join and have fun. Having to spend a whole lot of time before you can actually do what you want to do sucks in my opinion.

My idea is to have a system to where the bottom end kits give around p3 or p4, and you can use a special anvil to upgrade pieces of individual armor with. This could be done to bring a simple piece of p4 all the way to p10 (same with sharpness), just through xp. And instead of custom enchants, have chips you can put in your inventory for potion effects such as str, speed, fire res, jump boost. This way grinding would still be a thing, but just to go out and fight, you don't have to have a maxed out p10 set of armor.

The difference is that it's just not fun for the average player to have to grind their balls off just to enjoy the most fun part about factions. Op pvp is actually very fun imo.

pls response thx
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  2. The_Noodle

The_Noodle Member

Hell Yes. More PvP would go on as people would be willingly to lose armor and fights will be more fair and not be just on custom enchants. An update that if happens will make me definitely want to play the next map. Also, the idea of grinding for gear would still be prevalent with the ability to make prot 10 armor.
    +1
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  3. Hypergamer

Hypergamer Fresh Spawn

Hell yess and maybe do like daily challenges that give armor and weapins and mybe like new potions and make em a little easy so new players can grind such sets . Please unban me i m bored please .
  4. JammTheGoat

JammTheGoat ▲ Owner ▲ Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to add that blast picks could still be a thing even without ce's for the base buildin bois.
  5. GoldNugget

GoldNugget Fresh Spawn

What about adding only basic custom enchants? Like speed strength fire res and some other ones.
  6. FlamingDogOfFire

FlamingDogOfFire Fresh Spawn

Did you read the whole post?
  7. FlamingDogOfFire

FlamingDogOfFire Fresh Spawn

Holy crap you don’t know how much I’ve missed the old days like in map 10 where it was just a jump in. I used to always vote, get some Warlock gear which I think was p8 and jump down and pvp and I’d usually do very well. Those were the great times. No doubt it would be better as you said you don’t gotta grind too much and you can get stuff easily to pvp! Any newbies that would join would be able to easily adapt to the community, all they need is some skill and their done. Hope ces are no more even for 1 map.
  8. xFastFirex

xFastFirex Fresh Spawn

Hell yeah this is good I've been no lifing a god set for the past 4 days and it hasn't been fun at all just pain because when I'm online there's no one else and I think this would be better for at least 1 map and we could see how it works out and if we don't like it we can go back. But still this seems much better :).
  9. Ryan/Bionic

Ryan/Bionic Active Member

Good idea, +1! I'll play on some other server waiting for you to integrate this feature.

Have fun and gl!
  10. xLsGRules

xLsGRules Well-Known Member

Great ideas, I'm coming back next map if this actually happens.
  11. HeroSam123

HeroSam123 Member

100% should add it like its so hard for new people to PvP old try hards with gsets. Like I other day jumped in pvp with 9 randos in starter and 1 shotted all lmao, they all ended up quitting...
  12. giga_08

giga_08 Well-Known Member

^^^
    When pvp was fun
  13. giga_08

giga_08 Well-Known Member

holy shit, honestly... im so excited after watching this video
  14. GoldNugget

GoldNugget Fresh Spawn

Yes
  15. RazotayX

RazotayX Well-Known Member

Ayy, bringing in that Bard set shoot. HCF FTW!
    Jamm, This is what alot of the community was already begging of you. Thanks man! Hopefully we can revive CC!
  16. RazotayX

Idk if you mean the stuff the "Bard set" has in Hcf (Not sure if you know what that is), but is it gonna be like you have sugar in your inv if you right click it you get speed for like 30seconds? or something like that? or is it gonna be infinite Speed as long as the item is in your inv?
  17. Dralo3889

Dralo3889 Member

+10 Not going to give a reason to the ones already stated above. #CCFTW
  18. MightyNutella

MightyNutella Member

ikr no ces would be fun like these days in pvp a guy just comes in gset and 1 shoots you with slice 3 and you dont even do damage to him even with sharp 11 sword cause of regen +1050309383
  19. alvar04

alvar04 Member

We should add this and re-enable MCMMO like the GOOD old days!
  20. RazotayX

Maybe hold up on the mcmmo? mhmm