What's going on with Facs, Jamm!?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by JammTheGoat, Jun 28, 2018.

1. JammTheGoat

JammTheGoat ▲ Owner ▲ Staff Member

Hello!

[​IMG]

I know you guys haven't heard from me on here in a while, but I've been working a lot on "Map 15" (I don't want to just call it a map anymore because it's more than just a map at this point). Everyone has been wondering what is going on with Factions and why it's taking so long. Well, we have been working a little over 2 months on the foundation we are laying that will pave the way to a brighter future for Conspiracy. The past 6 months has been a pretty big wake up call for me and I've realized that we have to really start taking things much more serious around here if we want to remain relevant and growing.

My goal for these past couple years has been to make the best OP Factions server available, along with the best cracked server as well. I would say that we have already done those two things by far, so I realized the only way we will go further is if we go beyond that. We need to be the best there is, not just the best OP Factions or cracked server. This is obviously much easier said than done, but to me, this is do or die. And with the team we're putting together, I believe we will accomplish this. This isn't really about money at all at this point- I just want to set the bar higher in general for all faction servers to follow suit, and make a better, more fun, and more fair factions experience. I want to make a difference in both the factions scene as a whole, and in people's lives. I know I posted that tweet a while back that we would be donating to charities of you guys' choice, but I've decided to wait until we see more success so there would actually be a substantial amount to give and not just a few hundred dollars. This is bigger than just Minecraft.

The truth is that I somewhat lost motivation after Map 14 due to personal reasons and obviously, because it didn't do as well as we expected. Of course it was partially because the map wasn't very fun and we didn't stay on top of updates, but it is also because the niche market we are mostly serving (cracked facs) is becoming smaller. The bigger cracked servers with minigames attract the most players which makes it hard for us to compete for them without being a generic minigame server (which I absolutely despise, and will not do). I always believed in quality over quantity which is why we are the only cracked server that's not a sellout that has made it for so many years.

But now, I'm much more motivated. I think the important thing is that I have set new goals that are far bigger than just myself, and way bigger than just being the best cracked/op server. I'm very thankful that you guys have still stuck with us and have been wondering so much about Map 15, it shows that you still care. I am also extremely thankful for this man @Memzor (aka Himso) who showed up and offered to develop for us for free. I have been paying him anyway, but if he would not have randomly came to me on discord a couple months ago offering his help- I don't know if I would be making this post right now. Having a developer that is smart, kind and reliable is going to give us a huge edge. Please make him feel at home here, because he deserves nothing but respect for what he's doing.

So what's the plan?

Behind the scenes, I've set multiple dates where I wanted to have everything finished by. But none of the dates have been made on time obviously, because we still aren't quite done yet. At this current time, we don't have a large team helping us with everything, so it just takes a long time to produce quality content. I am not going to say an official date yet, but I will say that we plan to have most everything done by this weekend. I'm currently waiting on responses from a few videographers that will help us with getting a good trailer produced. I really do want to get multiple YouTubers on board besides myself and Hunter, but I want to wait until after the release so we can iron out any performance issues. I cannot guarantee that our SOTW will be lag free, but after we can get those issues solved, we will be able to considering bringing some cool people on board with us to play and create engaging content. Himso has created us a fully custom core which is a big step to becoming more stable TPS-wise, so we've got that going for us.

Our plan after the release is to do more than we ever have in the way of new content and updates. I've said before that I'm tired of seeing every server just copying the big ones, so we will be putting a lot of emphasis on creating cool and unique content (plugins, games etc). Something else worth mentioning is that we will probably be re-branding the factions portion of our server to ConspiracyPvP. I think it will be wise of us to drop the old and useless "craft" from our name. Let me know what you guys think of this or if you think we should go with something besides "PvP". We're open to suggestions.

I'm not ready to box ourselves in with any official dates yet for the new map, because sometimes unsuspected problems arise. I expect that we will be ready to post the full details about map 15 in the next few days, though! Please submit any questions you have or in the comments below :)

Love ya',
    Jamm
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. HyperDarkness

HyperDarkness Member

Yeah I think ConspiracyPvP Sounds cool because the server is pretty based off pvp. I would suggest something to make the server very unique such as more events (duel tournament due to the fact that the server is pretty based off pvp.) Invite rewards gets a lot of players for example 25 invites = $3 Buycraft
    50 Invites = Crusader rank 100 invites = 25 Buycraft. Pretty much just make the server as unique as possible and just add things that no other server has.
  3. Ryan/Bionic

Ryan/Bionic Member

This is interesting!
  4. Dralo3889

Dralo3889 Member

I Hope this all pans out, and if you do everything you said you would as well as the players. This will be the best map yet. #Map15
  5. HunterzXP

HunterzXP Member

:eek: he mentions the greatest player of em all, HunterzXP

Hope everything will turn out right!
  6. YouBeCombo

YouBeCombo Well-Known Member

Cc (ConspiracyCraft) Hell yea Cp??????????!??!?!?!?!??! (ConspiracyPVp???????) bruh Poeple are used to CC not CP old player will get confused and the name doesn't sound right.....
  7. JammTheGoat

No one will call it cp. Just call it Conspiracy?
  8. Dabriel

Dabriel Active Member

Hell ye
    #Map15 FTW
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  9. YouBeCombo

YouBeCombo Well-Known Member

nah fam I've been saying cc more then saying conspiracycraft I like the way it says Conspiracy craft.
  10. JammTheGoat

I know. But it doesn't help attract the crowd we appeal to..
  11. Triozics

Triozics Active Member

Just name the server CONSPIRACY
  12. _DinoCats_

_DinoCats_ Active Member

It's gonna be liiiiit :cool:
  13. 123propack

123propack Member

hope everything works out.
  14. I agree jamm should stick with "old" name Putting "PVP" after the servers name sounds a little Corney and cheesy pvp aint even a word soo :/
  15. RazotayX

RazotayX Active Member

Og's be callin it CC, lol

#Map15Hype!

Btw, i have question.
    Could the map release and eotw be on The weekends?
    Like eotw be on Saturday and map 15 on Sunday.
    Although most of us have breaks, my breaks recently ended.
    So its weekends or no eotw and map sotw for me :(

Plz Jamm.
  16. Triozics

Triozics Active Member

Nono fridays and Saturdays be good xd!
  17. RazotayX

RazotayX Active Member

Hopefully no issues occur.
  18. RazotayX

RazotayX Active Member

You dont want me dar :(, Ill join autobots then. Lmao
  19. Triozics